Baldur's Gate - BaldursGate.com Stirs Awake

Well, I wonder if any iPad fans would complain if Beth shut down their PC/console development and started focusing on TES iPad games :)

This would hardly seem worthy of "Raise Dead: Infinity Engine". It's more akin to exhuming its corpse and stealing a flesh sample for whatever Frankensteinian designs they may have. Bah!

Rebuilding level art, iMac, 2D illustrator… My bet is on a HD Baldurs Gate cross-platform re-release.

Building level art.

iMac, 2D Illustrator and 3D Studio Max suggest it's for making new art assets, I think a HD Baldurs Gate is in, but it might not be the only thing they are doing.

I find it strange that nobody commented on *somebody did while I wrote this*:
Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine

Somebody is trying to resurrect the Infinity Engine!!!!

There are SO many remakes of really old games brought out now for iDevices - so I assume that this will be for iThing only.

Time to move on.

An iPad release would actually storm the App Store and make them a shitload of money, so it makes sense. All these people complaining are just jealous that they're not making all that money themselves. :)

Well, since I'm planning on picking up an iPad2, once the price goes down a bit more from the upcoming iPad3 release, call me intrigued. I haven't played the BG series in a few years and I can see how touch controls would suit the Infinity Engine games very well. In fact, a re-release of BG, Planescape, and Icewind Dale on the app store sounds pretty fun to me.

I have the game on my PC, why would I get excited about an iPad port?
Ah, perhaps because it's less nerdy.

This just shows how important these devices have become for the companies.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed, it could be rather exciting! :)

Daniel.

Where does this fit in with that free engine that will load infinity games (what was the name of that engine??).

GemRB. GemRB has its limits, particularly the ports, so theoretically this would be a superior product. Plus, the vast majority of potential buyers have never heard of GemRB, nor would they have the technical wherewithal to get it to work.

I hate to sound negative, but I don't want to see either of those.

To be honest, I just don't think it's feasible to play through a game like Baldur's Gate using a touch screen.

Why not? It's primarily a mouse drive game, and at least to me, anything you can do with a mouse you can do with a touchscreen (obviously tweaking it some).

"Building level art again. Who would have thought?" - this indicates they're creating something new. It could simply be the wording though, that he's actually referring to rebuilding it.

It's worth keeping an eye on anyway - a new BG game in the infinity engine has a lot of potential.

Back
Top Bottom