Mass Effect 3 - Preview @ Wired

aries100

SasqWatch
Wired has preview for this game which includes some comments made by Jesse Houston during E3. He talks about the mistakes they recently made and what they learned from them. And how they're using this when developing Mass Effect 3.
We learned a lot about the way story flow should work” from Dragon Age 2, Houston said. “I don’t want to go into too many details, but ultimately, we’ve listened to the fans in a big way: We’re taking it very, very seriously and we’re committed to making sure we don’t repeat mistakes.
Houston also commented about the custumizations options in Mass Effect 3
Houston says that rather than remove the customization feature entirely, BioWare will make it more intuitive. Instead of juggling a screen full of numbers, players will be able to alter specific, functional aspects of a weapon like the size of its ammo clip or the frequency of its firing rate.
More information.

"Instead of juggling a screen full of numbers, players will be able to alter specific, functional aspects of a weapon like the size of its ammo clip or the frequency of its firing rate."

Which would be the number of bullets it can hold and the number of bullets it can fire per time unit. Is the idea of having numbers just automatically percieved as a negative or something?

I think it is more juggling with screens full of numbers than numbers themselves…

At the E3 demo, the work bench game us 5 different statistics on the Mattock Rifle Shepard was packing - Stability, Magazine Size, Fire Rate, Damage and Accuracy. Mods appear to be able to affect these positively and negatively, so it'll be up to the player to kit Shepard out with kit that they think will cover all the bases. In a move that'll make the anal amongst you very happy, these changes also cosmetically affect your gun.
Maybe one screen with five slots. Armor customization screen type.

Last edited:
I do kind of like customizable weapons with part slots vs. the linear absolute upgrades of ME2.

Back
Top Bottom