BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way

aries100

SasqWatch
According to Kotaku, Bioware is developing a totally new universe as well as a new ME 3 game:
For the new game, Casey Hudson, said this:
"We are developing a whole new fictional universe at BioWare for myself and Preston [and other main Mass Effect trilogy creators.] That's kind of our next thing," Husdon said. "We're focusing on building something new the way we did at the very beginning on Mass Effect.
For the new ME 3 game, Casey Hudson said this:
We want to be able to give fans an opportunity to get back into the world with these things you've come to know and love about the Mass Effect experience but start something fresh and new-a new way for you to explore the whole universe in Mass Effect."
More information.

"New" ME game:

55655.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...8854-Stolen-Pixels-257-The-Electronic-Artists

Good one joxer.:thumbsup: They can do whatever they want just don't do prequels.

Last edited:
I don't care whether it's a sequel or a prequel. I'm just hoping they put more of an emphasis on exploration and less on combat this time. If anything, at least make it more like ME1 was.

I don't care whether it's a sequel or a prequel. I'm just hoping they put more of an emphasis on exploration and less on combat this time. If anything, at least make it more like ME1 was.

Agreed. The exploration in ME1 needed tweaks to make it good, not be thrown out entirely. A better procedural generation engine, and a jet pack, and the planetside optional missions would have been far better.

Seems it would be hard to do a sequel and allow for all the possible endings. I guess one could be picked as "canon".

Hasn't stopped them before. There cannon is always different from what the player picks anyway.

If the can deliver on the sense of wonder and exploration that ME1 gave in its best moments it could be great.
I want to stand on an alien planet and look up at the stars.

Combat.
Why does it always have to be so much combat?

C

While I don't think it's wise to completely write off a once-great developer, Bioware is sure doing what they can to tempt me.

So, I'm having a really hard time being interested in this.

Still, I love the original Mass Effect - and if they could find some intern or something that might still have vision and passion, and put him in charge, it could be a potentially cool game. Well, as cool a game as it can be under EA.

Seems it would be hard to do a sequel and allow for all the possible endings. I guess one could be picked as "canon".

Its just three endings, and not that much different from each other (from a global view). Much less work than integrating choices from ME1 and ME2 into ME3.

Practically, they can resolve this with a one liner. They are creative like that.

What "new ME3 game"? Did you mean the new Mass Effect Game?

I've been thinking: The new ME game doesn't even have to be an RPG or shooter. It could be something else entirely, like a strategy game. The various factions in the ME universe could make a pretty good three-way-Blizzard-like strategy game with hero units and what not, similar to Warcraft 3 or Starcraft 2.

I don't mean to down shoot ideas - and I'm sure there are people out there who think another RTS is what we need.

But I'd rather have another ME2 or ME3 than a Starcraft clone set in the ME universe. That's about the least compelling way to deal with the best aspects of that setting - which would be the atmosphere, immersion, and the lore.

Personally, I'd love to see a proper Shock iteration done in this universe - but Bioware wouldn't be able to pull that off. They can barely make a by-the-numbers shooter as it is.

Its just three endings, and not that much different from each other (from a global view). Much less work than integrating choices from ME1 and ME2 into ME3.

Practically, they can resolve this with a one liner. They are creative like that.

I have to strongly disagree with you. Don't want to add any spoilers.

Thrasher said:
Cacheperl said:

I have to strongly disagree with you. Don't want to add any spoilers.

I believe the one liner which would do the trick is "Shepard awoke from his terrible dream".

That's what I really loved about ME1, reading up some facts about a planet, landing, exploring, then discover some beacon left by an ancient race etc. I wished for them to expand on that in the next games, but I guess people nowadays would rather shoot things. Sense of discovery/wonder, reading tablets? Fuck that shit. Right? Right. Now let's blow up some aliens.

By the way, it's everywhere, sacrificing various fundamental elements in the name of fast paced action that is. Random series that popped to mind: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Dead Space. And now CEO's come out brazenly admitting that it's being done for money grabbing reasons, then promises are being made that things will go back to how they were before. I'll believe it when I see it.

The only reason it would go back is if they figure out how to make more money by not having people shoot everything.

Back
Top Bottom