Heroes Chronicles

Dark Savant

Keeper of the Watch
I found used copies of Heroes Chronicles games at the local second hand shop and now I would also like to get two additional campaigns that were available as a free downloads for those who purchased two or three Heroes Chronicles games. Since 3DO is out of business I can`t find these two anywhere on the net.
The two games are:
Heroes Chronicles - The World Tree
Heroes Chronicles - The Fiery Moon

Some help please, as I would like to complete my Heroes collection,:)

Ah - no wonder that kept coming up for me ... I just assumed my google-fu was broken today ... ;)

You can play them in pretty much any order, but you might as well stick to the "official" one. BTW, "Masters of the Elements" is by far the most fun campaign, imho.

Do I need the CD to be able to play these expansions ? I've grown quite a distaste to always having to have a CD in the drive just for playing games. Especially since I hate scratches.

I could find only the second part of the Chronicles series so far, although I saw the rest in a second hand shop in Potsdam (near Berlin) as well, totally unexpected. Didn't have the money, then, unfortunately. Never saw them before.

I downloaded these expansions from the source from above - I got an error message saying that they are only compatible with the "U.S. domestic version" of the game.

So, the Eurpeans are doomed again. ;)

The Legacy has an entry about "The Fiery Moon", which describes how they can be installed into German-language versions of the "Chronicles".

Unfortunately the expansions need 2-3 installed "Chronicles" games, and I have only 1 so far.

As far as I remember, all of the Chronicles are way bad in almost every way. Read that as there's hardly anything in them that is not available in Heroes 3 with expansions, Wake of Gods or a bunch of community maps or user made campaigns. As a whole, as far as I've played them, every Chronicle was a bunch of rather boring singleplayer maps (did I mention most of them are small to medium ones?) tied together with some not that really interesting story. Btw, storywise I thought The Sword of Frost was way better than the rest, but still far away from the official campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom