The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

My experience with high level quests (especially raids and elite runs) is that the group members you have are just as experienced and well equipped as us, probably even more. This means that the success rate will be high.

I've done more than 100 Shroud runs now spread over my toons and my experience is that maybe 5% of the groups have so many newbies or stubborn people who won't listen that we get a wipe or struggle. Last time it happened we had a fighter who didn't want to understand that we have to prep the 4 bosses in part 2. So he continued to hit on one of them until the boss died and we had to start all over. It happened 2 times until we found the solution for it. We simply stopped healing him and he died fighting alone against the boss. Then we solved part 2 and brought him to the shrine. He didn't understand part 3 either and died to the blades and in part 4 he was the first to die. Besides that we succeeded.

So the risk of getting a frustrating Shroud run is probably 5%. Normal runs are very simple now since the blades were nerfed.

I also enjoy the other raids like Hound of Xoriat and Vision of Destruction. At the moment I can't lead them because I simply don't know the way. I just follow. I will try to remember how to move. The quests are straightforward and we can get great loot in there.

I can help you gaining levels in the evening, Alrik, with my cleric if you need a "hireling" that is a little bit better than the marketplace hirelings. Just send me a tell when you see me log-in. I live in the same time zone as you so I can certainly play we you can.

We play every Friday night starting at 1am CET with our level 8-9 since Corwin is back. So if you want to join us you can just get Skype and we can form 2 groups if we have 7 or if one is absent we have a full group. Corwin's son might join us too since his toon is also around level 8. 1am CET will change to 12am CET by the end of March when daylight saving time begins.

On Saturdays and Sundays we usually play a bit too. Then we usually play from 6pm CET.

If we do some recruiting we could maybe get enough for 2 full groups and even be able to do raid runs.

I can help you gaining levels in the evening, Alrik, with my cleric if you need a "hireling" that is a little bit better than the marketplace hirelings. Just send me a tell when you see me log-in. I live in the same time zone as you so I can certainly play we you can.

Thanks. Although I must say that I'm not that much rushing through the quests like I've seen it with the few runs I did with you all. To be frank, I don't like rushing at all. Especially when I'm in a quest for the very first time (that's one reason why I wanted to replay the Sharn quests for myself, because I didn't understand much of what was going on there). I'm fine with rushing through quests I know well to very well, though.

And yes, I do planning to buy myself a headset at one point - since I've found out that some can be really cheap.

And Skype … Yes, I need to find out my account details again (have it installed - unused - on my second PC …)

I don't know, however, how good I might be following you. I'm almost deaf on one ear, and sometimes I just fail to compensate it with my "normal" ear. Which isn't perfect either anymore. Or so a friend of mine who sells hearing devices, said to me many years ago. I do have hearing devices (yes, 2 even !), but I usually don't use them in my everyday life, because most of the time I can compensate well enough. My real problem is when I'm in restaurants, for example, with lots of people chattering around, then what reaches my ears sounds like some sort of "sound noise", unless I manage to focus on a specific person.

Which leads me to the last evening : I have my headphones on (I always wear them when gaming), I mean my real headphones, not my hearing devices, and there was a constant, light noise. All of the time. It went to zero when I put the "sound effects" to zero as well (in the options menu). I have no idea where this came from.

Besides : My ranger is now fresh into level 9.
My magician is not too much away from level 5 (1/3 or so).

And last : Here's my promised screenshot from the Korromar quest :

Attachments

• not very good quest reward.jpg
    not very good quest reward.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 38
There are a lot of areas in game that have a constant background noise. Check the audio setting in game and turn off ambient sounds if you found it bothering. They put wind blowing or a constant water rambling or lava flow sound in most areas at one place or more.
As for skype, it is just something that makes it easy for us. My typing sucks especially if we are in battle. But not a big deal.
As for Peter....he will go slow, especially if you just say you want to run and search all the cornors. He may have forgotten how slowly we did these quests the first time. lol And if he does rush you just let me know and I will beat on him. ;)

Well, on the other side, my typing abilities are much better, lol ;)

My only *real* disadvantage is that I'm constantly trying to type "tapeworm-sentences", as we say here in Germany. ;) Aka "The Spaghetti Code". ;)

I hope we can try other Shroud runs in the future because you need to run Shroud to get the shards. The small and medium ingredients I can help with. Maybe even Corwin can join us. I will lead the Shroud run and we start with the guildies and invite the remaining slots.

It would be nice if Cm and Dteowner could share their experience with their 2nd (Cm) and 1st (Dteowner) Shroud run. Maybe we can convince even Corwin that it's worth it. :)
It was a good experience. I didn't really get to do much sightseeing during the run since the group we ended up with appeared fairly experienced and, as a healbot, I spent 90% of my time staring at 12 health bars. ;)

The other folks that filled out the raid were competent and helpful. Peter let them know that it was my virgin run, so one guy gave me all the small and medium shards that showed up for him. The crafting was fairly fun, although I'd definitely recommend building your item in a planner before doing the run--cm didn't have a chance to do so and was a little brain-fried from the run, making her crafting a little less pleasant for her than it was for me. Although I think most people build hp and sp items (and Bot's first item is mostly a sp item), I'm leaning toward putting together an immunity item that will allow me to shuffle my gear. You can get disease, blindness, poison, and deathblock all on a single item, which generally ties down 3 item slots. We'll see.

The only real complaint that I had was that DDO's voice chat still sucks rocks. It was difficult to hear instructions between sections, and practically impossible to hear anything during combat. I tried messing with my volume levels some, but need to do more to see if I can help this at all. Fortunately, as a healbot, my job was simple so I just followed the mob. I don't know that it would be all that much harder for other classes, but for now I can only speak to running Bot.

There's only 2 things that would keep Corwin from running the raid. First, he'd have to adjust his approach to chests. Grab and go, cuz the mob waits for no man. Since he wouldn't be passing anything to others, that wouldn't be a problem as long as we had Trevor sell off his page-and-a-half of lvl1 magic missle wands when he wasn't looking. Second, he'd probably need to ask for help with the puzzle unless (like I was) he was lucky enough to get a 3x3. Even the 3x3 wasn't trivial, but since someone is bound to need help with a 5x5 somewhere, you've got some time to grind it out.

I was going to take Bot on a PUG run yesterday (I figured a healbot would get accepted and I couldn't screw up too badly) but I was still on timer. Don't know if opportunity and availability will align today or tomorrow--otherwise I'll have to wait to make sure I'm not on timer come Friday. Eventually, I'll run Wouldii to pick up shards he needs, but I'll probably collect ingredients for all my toons with Bot.

Grab and go, cuz the mob waits for no man.

Which is exactly my own memory from our Sharn run ! :lol:

My own approach was then to grab the money first ;) , then quickly scan the chest contents for anything extraordinarily good (the emphasis lies on "extraordinarily"). Scrolls and the like were left behind.

That's probably part of your money problems. Leave nothing behind. Click the "loot all" button and rock on. After the quest (or at a rest shrine), you can review what you've actually picked up. Since everything can be sold, everything should be taken. It's unlikely that you'll max out your inventory. If you do, that's generally a good sign that you're hanging on to too much junk and need to do a little spring cleaning.

Yes, I'm currently working on that, too.
I was fairly successful in amassing my wanted 10.000 Plat for the new inventory space. ;)
That way I learned to sell absolutely everything unneeded. And when I find that the quest reward doesn't contain something useful for me, then I take the item with the biggest "base value" (can be seen at the very bottom of any item descriptions window).
And then my ranger takes on the "haggle +3" necklace … ;)

By the way, I've found out that items of "Command" also give a small bonus on haggling ! http://ddowiki.com/page/Command_(item)

And anything wih "Eagle's Splendour" gives a small bonus to Charisma (which is used for haggling). http://ddowiki.com/page/Eagle's_splendor

But you re right : I really need to sell much more "unk". ;)

Besides : The Risia Ice Games are on February 6th again - you get many more coins bydoing the quest "Taming the Flames" because Jack Frostbite says that extinguishing anything "hot" and "flames" results in Ice Coins, too !
And there are LOTS of flames in there … ;)

Edit : Correction : from 6th to 14th ...

Last edited:
PLEASE, never mention Taming the Flames here again!! :D

PLEASE, never mention Taming the Flames here again!! :D

I found it fun ! - After having died 2 or 3 times and the cleric hiereling 3 or 4 times ... ;)

... And that was on Normal ... ;)

But, to be serious, the anti-fire ship buff was a really great thing for it !
I just wouldn't want to know what to do without it !?

But apart from that : I think I'm going to craft items with high res against elemental damage, too.

There are a lot of areas in game that have a constant background noise. Check the audio setting in game and turn off ambient sounds if you found it bothering. They put wind blowing or a constant water rambling or lava flow sound in most areas at one place or more.
As for skype, it is just something that makes it easy for us. My typing sucks especially if we are in battle. But not a big deal.
As for Peter….he will go slow, especially if you just say you want to run and search all the cornors. He may have forgotten how slowly we did these quests the first time. lol And if he does rush you just let me know and I will beat on him. ;)

It's called grease clickies CM ;)

Since Corwin's back, we should run Prove Your Worth and Taming the Flames.

Actually, what are we due for with the TRs? We've finished Delera and we're level 8. I believe our choices would be:
Sentinels
VoN
Sorrowdusk
literally dozens of House "tavern quests"
Necro2
(don't know, here at work, if we've got any outdoor areas hanging out)

I'd definitely hold VoN for later, even though the K favor would be very nice to have. Of those remaining, I'd probably vote for Sentinels followed by a couple weeks of tavern quests. Thoughts?

Peter will probably want to make a Shroud run with our tops before firing up the TRs which, honestly, I wouldn't argue against. Don't know that I'd want to grind it every week or anything, but I wouldn't mind dragging Corwin kicking and screaming thru his first raid.

Since Corwin's back, we should run Prove Your Worth and Taming the Flames.
And if he started crying about it, we could change things up by running our tops thru Dreaming Dark... :D

literally dozens of House "tavern quests"

"The Graverobber" from Jorasco would be a good idea, imho. It is long and challenging.

Dead Predators is just ... a "snack"", so to say, at least on hard. I don't remember if I already did it on Elite, but it could well be.
"Mirra's Sleepness Nights" is ... interesting as well. But short, too.

Redwillow's Ruins is a similar goo quest, imho. slightly reselbles he Irestone Inlet to some part (exploring area, different groups of areas, LOTS OF CHESTS ...)

Another thing is those House Deneith sewer quests. All four of them can be done in a chain.

The Bounty Hunter (Deneith again) is also a good and slightly challenging quest, imho.

What I also liked very much was the "Caged Trolls" of Phiarlan.

The Swiped Signet is also nice (Free Agents, found in the tavern next to the Marketplace Agents Of Argonessen).

What I have no idea about is The Shrouded Vale with The Faithful Departed.
My Ranger has been here at level 8 and almost died because of the magic users of the vale ...

:slap: Ok that is for Dte and azraelck for dreaming dark and taming the flames.;)

Welcome back Corwin.

Now on to business….yes, a grease clicky would be great. I often wish I had one to slow you down at times azraelck . :]

Sentinels sounds fine for our 8's. Not sure my brain could handle a raid and Corwin on his first raid at the same time………….but we did great imho. So we log in and fire up skype and decide. I do think if anyone uses handsfree with ingame chat it can make it hard to hear overall. But I had the same issue….could barely hear anyone at times. May have to be sure to turn off game sounds ahead of time. At least for the first time in years you could hear me……………no idea why that worked.

Sentinels is one pack I don't have. I have NO interest in doing a Raid right now. While I'm here this week, I will be away the following week as I'm helping my daughter drive back to Cairns which is a 22 hour drive. After that I should be regular for the rest of the year. :p

I propose we do Sorrowdusk or Necro 2. I don't think Sentinels is that fun. When we have chance we should do Red Fens for the items there, but we should wait until update 13 so we after run 3 of each quest can pick the item we want. That means we can get the pair we really want.

Back
Top Bottom