The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

Half your "problem" is that you generally put way too much value on innovation and artistry, at least as compared to mainstream thought. Broad brush, of course, but it works well enough. Because of that, you're apt to get really enthused about the gaming equivalent of broiled pelican penis while shitting all over a perfectly suitable peanut butter -n- jelly sammich (not classy enough to even call a sandwich, mind you). That puts you crosswise with "common thought" right off the hop and then you defend your walls 300-Spartan style. Probably the only fault in that is occasionally you lose track of the fact that judgments easily made within your value system won't always fit well with someone not sharing said system. We're all guilty of that sin, though. Part of being semi-human and all that…

It's probably easier just to call you an arrogant prick and stuff the finer details, but I'm reminded of something about pots and kettles… :D

"Artistry" - maybe :)

Innovation, not my term for it.

I'd say I do place immense value on evolution - but that's more about taking established concepts further - and as far as they will go.

I tend to dislike innovation more than not, because at this stage in gaming - most kinds of innovation are just variations of similar things that's already been done to death.

For one thing, I can't figure out why all these tiny puzzlers or platform games get so much attention for putting a spin on ancient and archaic designs.

Games like Plants versus Zombies or Angry Birds are winning innovation awards - and I'm just standing in the corner wondering what the hell that is all about :)

Where's the 'like' button when you needed it for once?
…and what was that about my garden being messy? :gorath:

Actually, I suspect your garden is less messy than the support structure for your opinion about Skyrim vs Morrowind ;)

^^ ^^ ^^

Attachments

• hate.jpg
    hate.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 86
You have "strange" views on things because you operate from an unusual value system. Unusual, as in not mainstream, as opposed to unusual as in unmitigated evil.

I believe that of myselöf, too.

And that's why I don't discuss in recent times anymore. I feel myself too much of an alien.

Within my HSP community, however, I feel kind of normal, since highly sensitive persons tend to have similar views - and especially, give the [almost] fact that a *lot* of highly intellectually gifted persons are also highly sensitive persons at the same time. (Member of "Mensa", the club of highly intetellectually gifted persons, to me at the "Didacta" learning fair & exhibition . "We all have read that book." with "that book" she meant "Jenseits der Norm", a book where a psychiatrist states her theory - based on personal experience with her clients - that highly intellectually gifted persons are almost always highly sensitive at the same time, too.)

I dont like you.

I bet your breath is horrible too. I find that people I dislike usually have horrid breath as well, so there's a strange correlation between halitosis and people that I consider knuckleheads.

I think that you need to make a poll of this thread, you know. One option be "I think Dart is Awful", and the other "I think Dart is Wonderful". I'm really curious as to which would win.

You already know how I'd vote. I'd probably vote twice if given the chance, so make sure you set up the poll right if you do it.

I dont like you.

I bet your breath is horrible too. I find that people I dislike usually have horrid breath as well, so there's a strange correlation between halitosis and people that I consider knuckleheads.

I think that you need to make a poll of this thread, you know. One option be "I think Dart is Awful", and the other "I think Dart is Wonderful". I'm really curious as to which would win.

You already know how I'd vote. I'd probably vote twice if given the chance, so make sure you set up the poll right if you do it.

I know there's something you're trying to say - but it's not really getting out.

Basically, you're coming out of the closet and you want me? Sorry - I'm saving myself.

But set up that poll - should be fun!

On your journey through forum hell:
1. At the threshold, your first encounter is a taunting demon named dteowner. Frequently mistaken as an obviously malign creature, he's especially craftful at poking reactions out of most visitors.
2. If you've made it this far, your next encounter is a quarrelsome demon named DArtagnan. Prone to arguing, very few escape his entangling words that can ensnaring the most seasoned travelers.
3. Your final destination has many names, but to some he is simply know as JemyM. His logic, obtuse and twisted to reason, will cast such doubts you'll simply cease to exist.

+1, I don’t like the way you present your augments ether, it always seem to be about attacking the opinion you don’t agree with in an ether direct or indirect way, yes you do present your own argument in a solid way supported by facts but what I have seen of your posts the always try to devalue or discredit the opinion people that don’t agree with you, maybe you should try to let your opinion sat on it own rather then attack your opponents if your opinion are valid and presented in a reasonable way it should be able to stand on it own.

As for why I don’t put you on ignore, I find the it’s best listing to all opinions even the ones I don’t agree with before making up my mind, who know maybe I could learn something new.

PS. I thought about working in a low key reference comparing your way of presenting your augments to that of a politician, but I decided against it since it would also be a cheap attack.

Just set up the poll yourself in this thread, Dart. I can think of no more appropriate place to put it.
Or are you too damn lazy?

Firestorm, there is, I'm sure, one major difference between D'art and a politician (any politician). Somewhere, hidden where you may never find it :) , I'm certain D'art has at least ONE redeeming quality!! :)

On your journey through forum hell:
1. At the threshold, your first encounter is a taunting demon named dteowner. Frequently mistaken as an obviously malign creature, he's especially craftful at poking reactions out of most visitors.
What hey? I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to take this.:speechless:

What hey? I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to take this.:speechless:

You're the first level boss. The tutorial. The taunting demon. The boss most players get to see if they quit the game half through.

I generally take the first few comments at face value until I see someone go back to their old tricks, but i don't know if that's he right way to go of course.

+1, I don’t like the way you present your augments ether, it always seem to be about attacking the opinion you don’t agree with in an ether direct or indirect way, yes you do present your own argument in a solid way supported by facts but what I have seen of your posts the always try to devalue or discredit the opinion people that don’t agree with you, maybe you should try to let your opinion sat on it own rather then attack your opponents if your opinion are valid and presented in a reasonable way it should be able to stand on it own.

As for why I don’t put you on ignore, I find the it’s best listing to all opinions even the ones I don’t agree with before making up my mind, who know maybe I could learn something new.

PS. I thought about working in a low key reference comparing your way of presenting your augments to that of a politician, but I decided against it since it would also be a cheap attack.

Yeah, it's true - I do tend to bash the opinions of other people when I feel they're silly or unfair. I can see why that would rub them the wrong way.

But, given my nature of being an extremely sarcastic person - it's something I don't think I can ever really change. I do that IRL as well - probably even more so, but it's always done with a heavy dose of smiles and sarcasm - and again, I separate opinions from the people having them. IRL, people "get me" - so they understand that nothing about it is a serious insult - and that I insult myself as much as anyone else. I guess that doesn't register online.

In that same way, I think I'm capable of admitting to having a crap opinion or apologizing online more than most people. Simply because I don't take it to heart. I also don't go around padding myself on the back because I may be right about something.

Being right or wrong is so fucking trivial in my world. We're all right and wrong every single day of our lives. I just can't take it seriously - and I can't fret about people despising my opinions - just as long as it's not personal. If it's personal, then there's a misunderstanding somewhere. People can confuse opinions with the people having them - but they should remember that level of information can be completely random and incidental.

Also, I happen to think a lot of people around here "bash" opinions - but they're more subtle and wishy-washy about it. It's like being polite (genuinely or not) is more important than being honest - and I don't agree.

As for the politician thing, that's cute - but pretty far from the truth. I'm the anti-politician. Politicians are obligated to try and be popular - and I'm obligated to be blunt and honest no matter the reaction. I don't always succeed - but it's close.

So, call me anything you want - but that would be very inaccurate.

Just set up the poll yourself in this thread, Dart. I can think of no more appropriate place to put it.
Or are you too damn lazy?

I'm both lazy and not interested enough. Besides, I doubt a single person around here would ever admit to thinking I'm wonderful - if that person was messed up enough to believe that.

Plenty probably think I'm awful, though, so there's a limit to how fun the poll would be for me.

Which is why it would be the ideal thing for you to set up :)

I think you are tolerable DArt. :)

Yeah, it's true - I do tend to bash the opinions of other people when I feel they're silly or unfair. I can see why that would rub them the wrong way.

But, given my nature of being an extremely sarcastic person - it's something I don't think I can ever really change. I do that IRL as well - probably even more so, but it's always done with a heavy dose of smiles and sarcasm - and again, I separate opinions from the people having them. IRL, people "get me" - so they understand that nothing about it is a serious insult - and that I insult myself as much as anyone else. I guess that doesn't register online.

In that same way, I think I'm capable of admitting to having a crap opinion or apologizing online more than most people. Simply because I don't take it to heart. I also don't go around padding myself on the back because I may be right about something.

Being right or wrong is so fucking trivial in my world. We're all right and wrong every single day of our lives. I just can't take it seriously - and I can't fret about people despising my opinions - just as long as it's not personal. If it's personal, then there's a misunderstanding somewhere. People can confuse opinions with the people having them - but they should remember that level of information can be completely random and incidental.
Humor doesn’t really translate well to writing and like you said we're all right and wrong every single day of our lives, the idea or at least philosophy behind an online forum is to give people a place to discuses various ideas and topics, when you try to devalue an opinion rater then just pointing out why you disagree with it and what your own opinion on the matter is, you end

I don’t believe you are a terrible person, I do believe however that you like to pretend you are a terrible person and there is nothing wrong with that, I like to pretend I am a terrible person to, when I’m playing an RPG its always what is the most evil choice I can make in this situation, sell the baby to a demon for 100g sure let’s do it, however when I am communicating with real life people no matter if it is in face to face dialogue, talking on the phone or posting on an online forum that pretending ends.

Dartagnan isn’t just a user name any more he is a person now, an alter ego you have developed to live out your fantasy of being the antihero that everyone loves to hate, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that, we all like to rolepla or we would have signed up on this forum and hell there are even entire forums out there that are just devoted to posting as a roleplayed character.
It is my understanding however that the creators of this particular forum meant it to be a place where people could make topics about cRPG and expect other users to respond with their opinions and views in a manner that encouraged healthy discussions not bickering.

I know many people have different ideas of how ”real” a conversation is on any forum and maybe I’m just being old school but I do believe that if you are interested in having a constructive conversation you should apply the same tact and respect when making a post as you would have when having a face to face conversation.

Also, I happen to think a lot of people around here "bash" opinions - but they're more subtle and wishy-washy about it. It's like being polite (genuinely or not) is more important than being honest - and I don't agree.
Being polite and honest are not mutually exclusive, being honest come first of course, but if you put a little time into your posts being polite as well usually isn’t that hard and that apply to everyone I seen far worse people then you on other forums.

As for the politician thing, that's cute - but pretty far from the truth. I'm the anti-politician. Politicians are obligated to try and be popular - and I'm obligated to be blunt and honest no matter the reaction. I don't always succeed - but it's close.

So, call me anything you want - but that would be very inaccurate.[/
Really, where I come from(Denmark) politicians are far more interested in attacking their opponent’s opinions and doing character assassination then the are in being popular, don’t believe me just hit one of the online newspaper sites and read up on latest articles and headlines under politics.

Sure, it’s not the same thing but given the nature of the topic I didn’t think you would mind me trying to be cute, you started this topic after all.

Joxer is much more annoying and Thrasher

You can't seriously lump Thrasher in with Joxer. Thrasher is an upstanding citizen. I smell the putid rot of a festering sore (aka Codex) in Joxer. Fess up Joxer! Your a Codexian! Even Dart is a pretender to a true Codexian. Show your colors and declare your true allegiance!

Back
Top Bottom