Titan Quest - Frustrations of a PC Developer

Thank you so much for answering my questions about this. I just still can't seem to get it, though. I mean, even if we take all this and it is tru, then hasn't the studios security measures? to be able to avoid this...

I'm sure they do in many cases but how much you do you pay to watch every worker involved at the duplication factory (or whatever)? I've worked in retail for a chunk of my life and I have never (really - *never*) worked in a company that didn't discover employee theft.

When I was a kid, I remember a fellow casual worker getting caught selling stuff and saying "do you really need a receipt for that...?" and putting the cash in his pocket. I got my first managerial position when $4000 went missing from the safe (two managers had equal access and they decided to mix up the staff). Later, a manager stole the safe contents in a nearby store and burned down the buuilding that night to try and cover the tracks. I got a major promotion when it was discovered a group of store managers, the Area Manager and the State Manager together had an operation to steal stock, sell it and split the money between all of them. The State Manager made sure any suspicions were smoothed over for a long time before it was revealed.

Anyway, my point is - where there are people, there are dodgy people, even in trustworthy positions.

Now i purchased the origianl titan quest game as i have forked over 10,000 of thousands of dollards over the years on games and moves and i still go to iso hunt

this particular game loved it by the way i did buy then i downloaded it because i couldnt find a crack i HATE having to place a disk in my computer every time i want to play a game it is so anoying if you want to know why so many people pirate games mabie look at the $100 price tag, the anoyances they have to go through to get a game to run "two worlds" for example- i reformated my computer and i can no longer run the game with out going through a LOT of BS. and more and more games are doing this,

your not Gaining sales by puting crappy restrictions on the game if there going to buy it there going to buy it if there going to download it free then there going to download it for free
the restriction were origanly put in place to stop me from giving it to my freinds 1 disk per person that is no longer the case, restriction are a waste of money, time, coding, space,hours, and you got bad reviews because someone cracked it incorectly - your falt loss of sales

you mention a ratio on console to pc and lets face it your talking out of your ass if the ratio is that big -and it isnt - then did you ever think it is because they purchased the game MONTHS BEFORE on the console and gotten sick of the game???
are you oncluding the Sites that alow you to LEAGLY download the game? and lets not forget not every one can afford $10,000 computers to play the latest and gratest games

rant and rave all you like about piracy but untill you learn how NOT TO TREAT EVERY ONE AS A THEIF live with it

Regards

this particular game loved it by the way i did buy then i downloaded it because i couldnt find a crack i HATE having to place a disk in my computer every time i want to play a game it is so anoying if you want to know why so many people pirate games mabie look at the $100 price tag,

100$ sounds a bit too much especially for an old game like this. In europe you can get brand new release day game for ~34€ shipping included. Its really really cheap. Console games are much more expensive though - around 50€-60€ during release.

PC games new:
Assasins Creed Limited Edition 34.99 Free Delivery
Vegas2 EUR 34.99 Free Delivery
UEFA Euro 2008 34.99 Free Delivery
Frontlines: Fuel Of War - Special Edition EUR 34.99 Free Delivery

Console games new:
Vegas2 EUR 55.99 Free Delivery
Iron Man EUR 55.99 Free Delivery
UEFA Euro 2008 EUR 55.99 Free Delivery
Condemned 2 EUR 55.99 Free Delivery

You can get a console cheap but youll pay 20€ more for each game.

Now i purchased the origianl titan quest game as i have forked over 10,000 of thousands of dollards over the years on games and moves and i still go to iso hunt

this particular game loved it by the way i did buy then i downloaded it because i couldnt find a crack i HATE having to place a disk in my computer every time i want to play a game it is so anoying if you want to know why so many people pirate games mabie look at the $100 price tag, the anoyances they have to go through to get a game to run "two worlds" for example- i reformated my computer and i can no longer run the game with out going through a LOT of BS. and more and more games are doing this,

your not Gaining sales by puting crappy restrictions on the game if there going to buy it there going to buy it if there going to download it free then there going to download it for free
the restriction were origanly put in place to stop me from giving it to my freinds 1 disk per person that is no longer the case, restriction are a waste of money, time, coding, space,hours, and you got bad reviews because someone cracked it incorectly - your falt loss of sales

you mention a ratio on console to pc and lets face it your talking out of your ass if the ratio is that big -and it isnt - then did you ever think it is because they purchased the game MONTHS BEFORE on the console and gotten sick of the game???
are you oncluding the Sites that alow you to LEAGLY download the game? and lets not forget not every one can afford $10,000 computers to play the latest and gratest games

rant and rave all you like about piracy but untill you learn how NOT TO TREAT EVERY ONE AS A THEIF live with it

Regards

Asian street merchant complaining?

Back
Top Bottom