Puzzle Quest: CotW - Upcoming Puzzle Quest 2 Announcement

magerette

Hedgewitch
Since their release of the original and very successful cross-platform puzzle-RPG hybrid Puzzle Quest in 2007, developer Infinite Interactive has produced several games along the same lines, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix and Puzzle Kingdoms among them, but never a true, straight up sequel. This is apparently about to be rectified, and an announcement for Puzzle Quest 2 is said to be in the works for January, 2010.
Gamepro provides a single screenshot and states:
If you looked closely at the picture of the cover of GamePro's January 2010 issue we posted last week, you may have noticed that a portion of the cover was blurred out. We can now tell you what we had to hide--the next Puzzle Quest is being revealed in the issue!
We can't reveal all the details right now, but we can provide the first image of Puzzle Quest 2. Be sure to pick up the issue on newsstands to see even more screens and find out the first hands-on details of this intriguing sequel, and keep it tuned to GamePro.com to learn more about the game in the coming weeks.
You can also get some amplification of the same info at Joystiq and Eurogamer.

Thanks, skavenhorde.
More information.

I've been looking forward to PQ2 ever since you got me hooked on PQ1 ;)

Me, too. For some reason, Galactrix just didn't do it for me. I think it was those annoying jumpgates.

Whoever thought those jumpgates were a good idea should be shot or at the very least be made to play them. They were interesting the first dozen or so times, but after that they are just your typical grind with no kind of reward at all. Too boring.

Haven't tried out Kingdoms yet. Been thinking about trying it after I get done with all of the games that are out and the ones that will be coming out.

Can't wait. Gyromancer is doing a great job in the meantime, but it's just not PQ.

There is also "Puzzle Chronicles" referred to on the Infinite Interactive site, I'm not sure if this is Puzzle Quest 2 or something different. Either way looks like more opportunities to scratch that puzzle itch, I did like Puzzle Quest CotW.

I have to admit that PQ is sucking up most of my gaming time right now (together with Torchlight). Even Dragon Age stands no chance *g*

Oh yeah, i laughed PQ off at first until i played it and ended up a trembling wreck at 3am needing one more turn!

BTW - there's a new game, looks similar to PQ called Gyromancer, it's up on steam right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom