A game

you guys are funny:lol: i know what Dr. A wanted to say... but... if he doesn't like it i'll keep my mouth shut and maybe give it a try;)

:biggrin:

I'm not gonna rant , I'll just say that i don't hate or loathe it. I dislike it immensely. It's a good game but not worth the hype. Of course, this is just MY OPINION. If others like the game, good for them.

gaboru93, what aspects of an RPG do you like the most? The gameplay (combat), storyline, environment & immersion?

I heartily suggest the D&D games I mentioned earlier.

Other cool stuff you can find cheap:
- Rune (3D third-person hack-n-slash action game)
- Blade of Darkness (Severence in EU, a better 3D third-person hack-n-slash action game)

If old graphics don't bother you, you could play Avernum 4. It's party, turn-based, isometric/top down and HUGE. Story is stale if you've played the rest of the series, otherwise it is quite engaging. It's also less than $30 IIRC.

http://www.spideweb.com

Unlike Dr. A, I love Oblivion. The storyline is weak and the combat is too easy without mods, but Bethesda unlike Jowood, released tools to the public with the intention that people could change what they don't like about the game. Installing two mods made Oblivion a great game for me. After upgrading my graphics card recently, I downloaded some super high-res texture mods and have started exploring the game all over.

What Oblivion aces is exploration. The game is beautiful and there are a lot of things to find. I just love a game that has so many locations to discover. I'll admit that I'm an explorer at heart. I love finding all the ruins, shrines, dungeons, caves, etc. If you set the goal of uncovering the whole map, it'll take you over 300 hours.
Do the graphics get repetitive? Yep. If they had made unique graphics for all dungeons we wouldn't have seen the game until 2010.

all aspects you mentioned

You´re making it pretty hard to give you detailed advice. You should tell us exactly which kind of gameplay you like. Otherwise you only get random games thrown at you.

You´re making it pretty hard to give you detailed advice. You should tell us exactly which kind of gameplay you like. Otherwise you only get random games thrown at you.

The funny thing as I just perused the thread is that one of his first statements was that he didn't like SciFi ... then he and I had a discussion about Star Wars :D

The funny thing as I just perused the thread is that one of his first statements was that he didn't like SciFi ... then he and I had a discussion about Star Wars :D
WOW:S !!! i haven't realised this. but i think star wars is the only SciFi because you know there are film etc but exept that.... nope :D Ok Gorath,... i like RPGs more, it has to have a real time combat, exploring to do, skills and things... Monsters,...
The best games that matched these things was G1 & G2 :D(well maybe i like them most)

Last edited:
Based on that I definitely reiterate my Rune and Blade of Darkness recommendations.

are you really recommending rune?!?

are you really recommending rune?!?

Well ... since you put it that way ... ;) Thing is, you can get it cheap, the combat is decent, and it can be some fun - even if you constantly feel as if you are in a transition and never actually getting to the meat of the game. I would say that it is inferior to Blade of Darkness in every way, though.

is this game creepy? i mean horor like? i don't like those games in wich you are stressed in dark dungeons...

Not really - a bit on the bloody and gory side - at least if you play it right ;)

Back
Top Bottom