Wasteland 2 - Sneak Peek at Quirks

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile posted a preview of the new Quirk system from the Game of the Year edition.

tumblr_nld3zojRPZ1sqkv5zo1_1280.jpg

More information.

Heh... not much of a peek!

I've prolly spent more time and had more fun with this game than any other in the last couple years, but there's a lot I wish they'd done different. Really having trouble understanding how squad combat can still be so hard to do right, two decades after the Jagged Alliance team showed the way. I get they wanted to do their own thing but sometimes the difference between doing your own thing and trying to reinvent the wheel is subtle...

Will this Game of the Year Edition be available to PC-owners of the game too ? For free ?

Will this Game of the Year Edition be available to PC-owners of the game too ? For free ?
That is expected but so far no news about it. As someone said on their forums, if it wasn't free for PC owners it would be a PR suicide.

From what little information is available yes the Game of the Year Edition will be released on the PC. I would like to say it will be free, but I don't know at this time.

So we will have to wait for InXile to release the details later. You can read the last update on Kickstarter as it did have some information on the changes.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27836

Last edited:
Did I misunderstand something when I heard about them adding perks as well?

Did I misunderstand something when I heard about them adding perks as well?

To me, quirk = perk by another name.

Or am I also mistaken ?

To me, quirk = perk by another name.

Or am I also mistaken ?

Traditionally, perks are "feats" or abilities that you pick as you progress through the game. Quirks/Traits are usually something you pick at character creation - as part of your core personality/genetic make-up.

It's in the words themselves. Perks in everyday language are advantages you're enjoying at your job or in a relationship, whatever - where as quirks/traits are usually something people attribute to a person that's part of his or her core identity.

I prefer both to be present, but I'll take anything they add :)

Traditionally, perks are "feats" or abilities that you pick as you progress through the game. Quirks/Traits are usually something you pick at character creation - as part of your core personality/genetic make-up.

It's in the words themselves. Perks in everyday language are advantages you're enjoying at your job or in a relationship, whatever - where as quirks/traits are usually something people attribute to a person that's part of his or her core identity.

I prefer both to be present, but I'll take anything they add :)

Thank you for your explanation!!!

Can't see it. Link is broken for me, here's the error message.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>94C9E529F562D02F</RequestId><HostId>kcvBI5KtlU6D8HJWqYJwB06KZMAp8exbDD+348waj4SHuEHPWW//A50AUvPhHVtP</HostId></Error>

I don't get the weirdo art theme of the quirks. Why can't they just do something straightforward in the art theme, looks like they are trying to copy Fallout or been watching too many horror movies like "Child's Play", or something.

Why the choice of baby dolls for quirks?

Oh my god, I love the art style of those little buggers! :mellow:

Glad to hear these are going into the game. Along with the other things the patches have tweaked, it should make for a really nice, fresh playthrough next time we play it. :)

If it was for me they shouldn't add stuff like this to a game that has been released months ago. Work should go into an expansion or a sequel.

If it was for me they shouldn't add stuff like this to a game that has been released months ago. Work should go into an expansion or a sequel.

Well, perks and quirks might well help sell an expansion, if they have one in the works.

Back
Top Bottom