Wasteland 2 - Are your survival skills honed?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wasteland 2 Designer/Producer Chris Keenan has supplied an update on Kickstarter, discussing general progress and then some detail on Attributes and Skills:
One of our favorite elements from the original Wasteland was the vast number of skills available to your party. By carefully selecting your skill breakdown for each character, you could create a bad-ass party of Rangers who were able to solve puzzles or challenges in multiple ways. We knew this was going to be a focal point for Wasteland 2. The following is an overview of our current thoughts on the attributes and skills system in Wasteland 2.
First, here is the list of attributes you can expect to find in Wasteland 2. Attributes are the starting values for your character traits. These are established when you create your character and can be different for each member of your party. Attributes are all passive, meaning that they won't be actively used in the world to solve issues.
  • Strength
  • Perception
  • Luck
  • Intelligence
  • Charisma
  • Expertise
  • Speed
You might immediately spot a few differences between this list and the original Wasteland. Perception has been turned into an attribute. We felt that perception tied into many other skills and played such an important role that it earned its position as an attribute. Also, there is this weird skill called Expertise on the list. Where the hell did that come from? Expertise is essentially agility and dexterity combined together into one package. We have defined it as the level of mastery of motions with your body and hands.
More information.

inXile is considering renaming SPLICES to the fan-suggested CLASSIC, which a) is a cooler acronym and b) coordination is a better name for the agility/dexterity merger than expertise.

Poll here!

Bullet Swagging? Toaster Repair? Backer Skill? Animal Whisperer? Some oddball skills in that mix, but I like it!

Love the illustration at the bottom of the page as well. Be sure to check it out.

They had to include Toaster Repair because of the original. I guess you did not play the original then. Hopefully some of the more advanced skill like cyborg are only available late in the game. Now need to stop reading and wait for actual release as I don't really want to know all of the gritty details and would rather be surprised when I play it.

CLASSIC is much better than SPLICES but not as good as SPECIAL at least as an acronym.

inXile is considering renaming SPLICES to the fan-suggested CLASSIC, which a) is a cooler acronym and b) coordination is a better name for the agility/dexterity merger than expertise.

Poll here!

thnx, i agree with that statement so filling out that poll.

Back
Top Bottom