Last game you finished, tell us about it

It's no big deal. I didn't mean to start a debate about it, and I wasn't trying to bring down your experience with those games. I similarly enjoyed the PC port of Resident Evil 4, and that also is commonly thought to be slightly inferior to it's console version. The important thing is that you enjoyed the games regardless.

I wouldn't use 'slightly' to describe the level of inferiority of the PC version of RE4 to the Wii and GC versions I have ...

I wouldn't use 'slightly' to describe the level of inferiority of the PC version of RE4 to the Wii and GC versions I have ...

I was trying to be polite. ;)

Btw: How is that Wii version anyways? I never got it because I didn't like the the new aiming and control system they incorporated into it. Did they include an option to use the old controls?

There is a patch for the PC version that makes it look almost like the WII / PS2 versions. On PC you can also play with AA and AF which makes the game look much better.

Last edited:
NWN2 was the last game I finished. Going to play MotB now, but also considering a new run through PS:T.

"What can change the nature of a man?"

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 *sigh*. It was definitely easier than the first KH, but it was also better balanced. And it was great FUN.
*sigh*
So what should I play next... hmmm...

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 *sigh*. It was definitely easier than the first KH, but it was also better balanced. And it was great FUN.
*sigh*
So what should I play next... hmmm...

KH is a series that I have planned to play for a long time, but one that I probably will have to save for the next summer.

I guess you'll like the series :).

Yeah I know. I had a great gaming summer, playing games almost non stop for a bit more than 2 months. For the first time in ages, i have reached the point in which there are no new PC games for me left to play. Maybe a sad reminder about the state of PC gaming. With Eternal Darkness finished, I am also out of games for GameCube. I still have a few more titles I planned on my PS2 until it's time to retire that machine as well.

But while I have an hour or two to finish a level in StarCraft, I am rapidly running out of time for games again. Too much schoolwork.

About the silent hill : Personally, I'd like to play as a Zombie myself, trying to get rid an area of fellow Zombies so there's more space to roam for myself.

Plus such minor occurences like limbs falling off ...

StarCraft
For the first time ever, I have finished StarCraft. Whoever haven't liven under a rock up to know are already familiar with this game. My reason for playing it now is that StarCraft II is approaching, and I wanted to be prepared. I enjoyed WarCraft III so I knew that Blizzard's RTS games usually consists of better storylines than their "RPG's" and StarCraft was no exception. There were some twists and turns indeed that I didn't saw coming. It was quite an enjoyable game and I barely thought about it's age while playing it. Broodwar is already installed and it's what I intend to play next.

I just finished Gothic 2 and I found both 1 and 2 to be some of the best RPG experiences I have ever had the pleasure to play.

Well it's about time!! ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Many of us here at the Watch are huge Gothic fans, the first 2 games are among the best crpgs ever made imo.

I think you should at least try Gothic 3. If you can manage to get past the bugs and the fact that bits and pieces of it was unfinished, it's still a really great game. I believe the quest system is one of the better I have ever seen in a RPG.

Seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Many of us here at the Watch are huge Gothic fans, the first 2 games are among the best crpgs ever made imo.

I fully agree. I am so glad I came on the scene late in playing them because they have really filled a huge void in quality RPGs.

I think you should at least try Gothic 3. If you can manage to get past the bugs and the fact that bits and pieces of it was unfinished, it's still a really great game. I believe the quest system is one of the better I have ever seen in a RPG.

I'm holding off installing until they release the latest and last patch which will be 1.7. G1 and G2 sucked me so completely I can't even tell you how many hours I spent on these games. So I'll back off my PC gaming... for awhile. ;)

I irritatingly had to finish Siege of Avalon early because something got a bit buggy and I couldn't access the conversation option to start chapter 5.

If anyone has any saved games of this I could borrow it'd be greatly appreciated.

Uh, I've got the German-language version of it, somewhere.

A still active German-language community still develops mods/patches for it, although mostly for the German-language version which didn't receive the last patches until the game went out of business, so to say.

Take a look at "SOAMIGOS", that's the name of the group.
It's rather a forum, so you must register there first, unfortunately.

I just finished playing the NWN2 mod - Pool of Radiance Remastered. It was great!

I was very impressed with the flow of the game, the cutscenes, the well-balanced, but tough battles. It wasn't perfect, but it sure was a blast.

I think that someone who played and loved the original Pool of Radiance (especially those who played it in 1988 when it was first released) will probably appreciate it more than someone who never experienced that magical first gold-box game. The people who created this mod did a great job of capturing the feel of the original... it was really a lot of fun!

If you haven't played it you really should... especially if you loved the original and would love to see a modern re-telling of the great plight of the city of Phlan.

I would gladly have paid $20 for this one as a premium module... to me, it was that good.

Most stuff I finish lately have been for either review or retrospective, so you've read them here ...

But I also just finished No One Lives Forever, and am working on NOLF 2 for a retro on he pair ... such wonderful games that combine Monolith's excellent shooter skills with wonderful stealth and spy gadgets.

Back
Top Bottom