Dragon Age 2 - Free Mass Effect 2 PC for All Owners

Free if you already spent money.

Doesn't that sound odd to you?

In any case, it's a GOOD deal if you want both games.

But in my mind - it's not really free.

It's a win all-around if you include EA/Bioware :)

I don't get your point. If you already bought DA2 then you wanted it and paid for it, so it's a free game for nothing. If you haven't bought either game yet then you can reevaluate the proposition knowing you get both games for $50 or whatever, deciding if it is worth that to you.

In either case it's a positive.

I don't get your point. If you already bought DA2 then you wanted it and paid for it, so it's a free game for nothing. If you haven't bought either game yet then you can reevaluate the proposition knowing you get both games for $50 or whatever, deciding if it is worth that to you.

In either case it's a positive.

I'm not saying it's a negative.

I'm just saying the "free bit" is up for interpretation.

Excerpt from sale a few months ago:

"Steam Holiday Sale: Daily Deals for Dec. 23

* Risen -- $14.99
* Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition -- $19.99
* Mass Effect 2 -- $9.99
"

ME2 was only $10 on Steam as of December. It's $15 on Amazon right now, and $20 right now on Steam. It will likely be $10 again prior to ME3's release to build up more anticipation. Is $10 for free basically a pretty cool thing to have? Yeah. Is it worth praising Bioware for? No. In the long run they are banking on it it making them more money.

If ME2 were free to anyone who wanted it, it would be a more noteworthy deal. Instead its just a free $10 tie in to an overpriced game.

As I said, caricatures of angry internet men.

I bought Dragon Age 2 - as did many - long before this deal came along. Since I already accepted $XX for DA2 alone, this is indeed free for me and many others. Will it change my life? Ah, no, but finding fault over it is ridiculous.

It's an interesting marketing move that feels a little desperate - that's worth talking about but not whether the freebie is a good enough freebie to deserve your praise or not.

I never bought ME2 and would never above $1 and here I get it, thanks Bioware.

A proud fan of DA2 that have been very bored by ME1 (crap).

EDIT: No I never bought ME1 and will never, I just borrow it and tried it a little.

EDIT2: Lol those business men are so tricky, I can't believe it. There's no real link with DA2 it's just that DA2 is the current game when they get the idea ready to launch. So I have to install EA download manager, but if you read a bit more, you discover it looks a lot like a Steam client clone and dedicated to EA games. Ha well I suppose this is sort of paying more than 1$ to do it but well at worst I'll be able remove it later, well I bet only when I'll won't want play anymore ME2.

I'm not saying it's a negative.

I'm just saying the "free bit" is up for interpretation.

LOL that symbolize so well all the craziness around DA2, EA would give money to some DA2 owners and you'll find people explain you it's fake and pure perversity. Sure nothing is really free and then? :)

Anyway, the point is the EA client, that's it and that's all, you get ME2 free to promote EA client as I quoted in previous post.

Back
Top Bottom