M&M: Heroes VII - Released

It is a crash fest and seem like development was only about 50% done by the time of release

Perhaps it'll be polished for the winter sale. ;)

To expand on my impressions. I'm *so far* loving it, but yes, there are plenty of bugs so better wait for the first patches to come out.

It is a crash fest and seem like development was only about 50% done by the time of release

Incredibly, it hasn't crashed once for me.

But performance is horrible and loading times are forever. It takes a full 2 minutes (!) to get to the main menu after starting it up. At one point I get the "Stopped Responding" popup, but eventually the game comes up.

It's so completely generic, to me it's extremely unappealing. I don't know why you wouldn't play a Heroes III user-generated campaign over this. The art is simply total rubbish.

Man one of my favorite series. I still play Heroes III. Will get after some patches. I liked Might and Magic X so I had higher hopes.

I tried playing Heroes of Might and Magic Five recently, but just quit after the 5th or 6th map because it was entirely just too easy. Now I'm playing a game called Labyronia and having a blast.

Incredibly, it hasn't crashed once for me.

But performance is horrible and loading times are forever. It takes a full 2 minutes (!) to get to the main menu after starting it up. At one point I get the "Stopped Responding" popup, but eventually the game comes up.

Dude, get yourself a SSD ASAP, you can thank me later. It takes 30 seconds to load in my 4 year old computer.

Seen it coming.

This is the first ever Might and Magic branded game I have not purchased upon release since I played MM2. Katauri should have been Ubisofts first port of call to revitalise the series.

This is the first ever Might and Magic branded game I have not purchased upon release since I played MM2. Katauri should have been Ubisofts first port of call to revitalise the series.

Katauri? hell no!
They have made 5 or so clones of the first King's Bounty. King's Bounty 3 (the cold one) had more bugs when released than this game even though it was basically the same game as the 2 before them.

I'm sure this will be a great game once the bugs are patched. The gameplay is sound, which is what really matters.

Katauri? hell no!
They have made 5 or so clones of the first King's Bounty.
I know that and I agree that they have milked it way too much. They should of changed it up after KB:AP. But apart from that, the original was an absolute kraken game. :biggrin:

I know that and I agree that they have milked it way too much. They should of changed it up after KB:AP. But apart from that, the original was an absolute kraken game. :biggrin:

Katauri made King's Bounty: Legend (2008), Armored Princes (2009), Crossroad (2010). The rest of King's Bounty games were made by other companies.

Back
Top Bottom