Underrail - Alpha Build Gameplay

Dhruin

SasqWatch
StygSoft writes in with a new video for their indie CRPG, Underrail. Dejan from StygSoft has posted regular updates on our forums but, if you haven't read those, here's a description from the official site:
The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.
The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught amidst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as they secretly but violently struggle for the Humanity’s last gem of hope.
  • Great character customization possibilities through stats, skills, feats, items and more that allows for many different play-styles
  • Tactical turn based combat that utilizes weapons, energy shields, grenades, psi abilities and more
  • Vast underground world to explore: city states, abandoned building complexes, natural caverns, secret areas and more
  • Elaborate item crafting system
...and the video:

More information.

It's looking good.
I'm definitely interested.
This is one of those kind of projects that could benefit from a Kikcstarter push.

I couldn't find any finished kickstarter projects about that game. And well..there are even games which are almost finished who use kickstarter for additional polishing.
Like Xenonauts or Malevolence.

I think it is even better to do an (Pre-)Alpha version of your game before moving to kickstarter. That way you got some video footage to show off, which attracts more people and in addition shows that you are serious about it.

Looking forward to Underrail but hoping for many different tilesets and even more post apocalyptic feeling.

Looks quite good, but could have so much more potential as a kickstarter project, pretty sure that could work too since it's more than just a vision, they have a game.. Graphics are worse than FO1-2 which is a letdown (and yes graphics are important for the right atmosphere).

I think the graphics are not that bad. However I'd love a polised and good looking interface. ^^

But a kickstarter project to collect money for additional and better looking tilesets would definetly be a cool thing. These are probably quite expensive but easy to exchange once they are available.

Game is still in pre-alpha so I think it might get better graphics and probably will get better interface and more tile sets with or without kickstarter.Anyway interesting looking project I am looking forward to demo when it comes out in autumn.

This is a one person project, which is always admirable. I think he has only the help of a freelancer graphic designer.
That's why I think that a kikcstarter could undoubtedly bring extra graphics and extra polishing. Maybe the developer take this into account after finishing the alpha demo.

Hi guys and thank you for the positive feedback.

Yes, it's more or less a one man project. I have a freelancer working on character models and animations, but there rest of the graphics I drew myself. I'm not exactly an artist so they are what they are.

Keep in mind that I've shown only one type of area in the demo, there will be a number of different tile sets (you can see the cave and the metro ones on the website: http://www.underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=55)

The next big step for me is to launch a playable public demo in fall. After that, some sort of crowd funding campaign is a strong possibility.

Hi guys and thank you for the positive feedback.

Well deserved. Looks like you've done a nice job so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

That's a pretty significant improvement in polish from the earlier test videos. I love the new atmosphere, great soundtrack too! More please :)

Up my alley without a doubt. Very interested on the demo...

That's impressive, the atmosphere and small details seem just right, like the font choice and the muted color palettes with shades of green being an overall focus. The combat looks especially good. Will keep this one on the radar screen.

Back
Top Bottom