The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Okay, I have calculated a little bit :

I have 298 points right now.
A card would give me 1800.
Which would give me 2098 points as a sum.

There are - inclusive discount - the following packs available from my "buying plan/list" :

- 553 points Demon Sands
- 553 points Vale
- 618 points Gianthold
- 358 Threnaal (which I'd rather like to buy for its story than for anything else).

Which would make 2082 points.
And I would have 2098.

I think this would be a good deal. Any objections ?

If things go right, then I can buy myself a card tomorrow.

What is so bad about Threnal ? Apart from the infamous Coyle ?

Well, actually I do buy most packs (well, all packs, to be honest ;) ) rather for fun & story.

And Threnal … intrigued me. It is - next to the Gorge and Sorrowdusk - the only pack mentioned in my handbook. And it has Dave Arneson. And Archaeology is my favourite hobby. ;)

But yes, I think that I will be cursing Coyle one day, too. ;)

Your first 3 are excellent choices. Lots of content for your money and excellent loot available. Approaches "mandatory" content, really. We'd have to introduce you to The Blood Stone Run. Who know, maybe you could out-do Az and Peter and actually get that trinket and join the select few (or maybe you could even get two, like a certain impressively skilled and handsomely charming individual ;) ).

Threnal is different, but it's got protection quests. 2 out of 4, IIRC. Protection quests are simply not fun to run because DDO always seems to make the protect-ee a suicidal numbskull. Tends to be very frustrating rather than fun.

If you wanted an alternative to Threnal, I'd look at Lordsmarch2. I think the official title is Assault on Stormreach. The quests are a little different and there are some very good items that you can craft.

The other series I'd recommend is Harbinger 1 and 2 (Harbinger of Madness and Reign of Madness, I think). Those two have some good loot, but the big thing is that the quests are very unique and have some good humor. Much higher level stuff, though, so you might hold off on those until later.

Thank you. Yes, I was thinking about the Lordsmarch Quests, too.
But Threnal just strikes my "curiosity chord" a bit more. ;)

Well, right now I think I'll stick with my choice.

Your choice, but just remember one thing, NONE of us will want to run Threnal with you!! :)

Well, I'm fine with that. :p

Daracaram Signsearcher turned 9 today - and that meanwhile participating in an elite difficulty run through Tear Of Dharkaan (or how it is called) & Gwylan's Stand.

He is now officially an Archmage ! ;)

Because I used the approppriate "Prestige Enhancement". ;)

By the way, I found out that he never had the spell "wrong life" (as I call it ;) ) in his spellbook. I changed that. ;)

In part I did so because I learned the hard way that a Wizard often is ... "squishy".

Which means to me that I'm working on the constitution a little bit more.

What I also learned was the "beauty" of "crowd control". ;) Beaty for the wizard, not for the enemies ! ;)

"Wall Of Fire" is imho a very good spell against everything undead - and against other monsters as well. ;)
The only exception to this are Blackbone Undeads - and perhaps Wraiths, too. But I didn't encounter them yet.

And out.

Interesting - something new : http://www.ddo.com/us/stoneofexperience

Besides - I just tried to solo The Chronoscope … Why are these bearded troopers so insanely difficult ?

Needless to mention that I failed - everything's sztopped at one point. Perhaps I've just missed the server shutdown ?

Same goes for the very first Menechtarum (or how it is called) quest … How am I supposed to get *all* objectives cleared ???

(Tried both with my level 14 Ranger.)

Same goes for the very first Menechtarum (or how it is called) quest … How am I supposed to get *all* objectives cleared ???

(Tried both with my level 14 Ranger.)
There are several quests that you might call "very first". Do you remember which one it was? Or are you referring to the explorers/rares/slayers?

That is not an introduction. That's a tough quest, and nearly impossible to solo. It's actually fairly tricky with a full party, unless you're way over level or carrying ridiculous gear. It's the archers up top that really make it tricky. They're just brutal at the end.

Ah, thanks. What a relief ! And I thought that I was just "gimp" as the people in the forums always say ! ;)

Did you notice my link about that stone in my post above ? Just FYI.

Actually the caravan is Peter's favourite quest in the game!! :) He's always trying to get us to run it.

In terms of XP per minute required to complete, it might be the most profitable quest in the game and it's available at a rather low level. Fairly enticing. But you do earn that XP...

DDO is doing the Stone of Experience event. This allows a level 16 character to give any level 8-15 a stone to bring them to level 16 instantly, along with a few pieces of (mostly) crap gear.

The number of stones a character gets depends on the level of pre-order they bought. Only people who bought the pre-order get any.

The catch is that each account can only level 1 character in this fashion; so choose wisely!

Then why would you need more than 1 stone if you can only level 1 character? What do you do with any other stones? Must the character be exactly level 16?

Please read this page, it is explained there : http://www.ddo.com/us/stoneofexperience

My Ranger got "sytoned" yesterday by some unknown person, too.

And he received *lots* of starter gear. Like it seems everyone gets who gets "stoned".

He still is level 14, since didn't do the *actual* level-up yet.

So he could join a Frame Work quest without xp penalty.
It worked out that another PUG member wasn't flagged for it, so we did a kind of "speed run" of Diplomatic Impunity, too.

I'm not quite sure from which countries the PUG members were, but it was truly international at one point

- Greece
- Durch
- Poland
- Germany
- someone speaking English, but I couldn't see his nationality
- someone claiming he was from the same time zone than I was

I suggested talking about the European Championship at one point, but no-one took notice. ;)

It was a weird, but not bad PUG. Sure, we had our problems (like a few members losing connection, like me as well), but all in all everything worked out fine.

Last, one member, who was already Arcane Archer, insisted that I had to rearrange things (feats + enhancements). I told him several times very politely that I knew what to do, but wwas on the other hanbd glad that we checked everything through. Then I left, after a "good night" (it was long after finishing the quest).

I plan to do a few more quests without really levelling up in order to reduce XP penalties.

@Peter : I'd like to do that Caravan quest with you within the next days, if you don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom