Pillars of Eternity - Massive Review Roundup

Well RPS was pretty negative but eurogamer was fairly positve.

From RPS:
"It’s a triumph. A wonderful, enormous and spellbinding RPG, gloriously created in the image of BioWare’s Infinity classics, but distinctly its own. A classic in every sense."

Sounds pretty positive to me.

I have purchased Champion edition of this game and it's downloading as I type. Really happy that Obsidian is getting extremely good reviews from almost every online gaming site out there. Very excited to play this, indeed!

PLayed a bit and it looks very very polished. Great visuals and music so far.
It has got the baldursgate vibe.

Looking forward to tryimg it when I get home. Regardless of what i think, though I imagine I'll like it, I'm happy for Obsidian finally getting some excellent reviews right out of the gate. And all it took was them returning to their roots. Go figure. Now, about that online tank game....

Been playing since I got back from work. Really digging it so far.

So far I like the character creation and opening a lot - had a lot of fun making my Ranger.

16319177413_e3208a9430_b.jpg

16751785570_b593e43eed_b.jpg

16319174053_029623b801_b.jpg

16938255051_ae6eb420b1_b.jpg

big numbers. i read that characters are bland and unmemorable ... thats the most important thing for me

so.. i guess its too early to tell.

anyway, im not laying it for a few months )

Looking forward to tryimg it when I get home. Regardless of what i think, though I imagine I'll like it, I'm happy for Obsidian finally getting some excellent reviews right out of the gate. And all it took was them returning to their roots. Go figure. Now, about that online tank game….

Not to mention, no evil publisher to force a release, before it's ready.

As a huge fan of Mask of the Betrayer and not so huge a fan of Baldur's Gate (still a fan though), and having played the whole first location of Pillars of Eternity, I find this game absolutely fantastic.

I'm expecting it to shine in other areas, but from the writing alone it's awesome. The graphics are awesome as well.

Of course, it's still to early to tell about the whole game, but it's setting itself up to be magnificent.

Now, back to PoE.

Yeah, yeah, everyone here playing PoE and such. OK, well done! We're waiting for a really good game like that for years… I'll be playing it too as soon as the download finishes here.

Just a remark: don't you forget to back Dungeons of Aledorn up at Kickstarter site! Only 14 days to go! Surely you can pause PoE for 5 min to back them up !! And then resume playing it :)

PS before the trolling starts: no, neither I don't know Martin Zboril nor anyone from Team21 nor I'm anyway related to them !!!

I was almost thinking they couldn't pull it off with that kind of budget.

You will be utterly amazed at what this game looks and plays like with the meager budget they had to use. I have instantly become a Josh Sawyer/Obsidian fan with this game. I can't believe how much depth there is here. This thing proves without a doubt that they have an extremely talented group there!!

I hope it sells millions and this is just the start of the next great RPG series!

i read that characters are bland and unmemorable … thats the most important thing for me.

Character development is very important to me, too. And, from what I have read, this is my concern as well. Casters, I've read, can tank well, so every character is some form of battle mage. That would be disappointing. I guess I'll see for myself before long.

These reviews are absolutely stunning. I particularly like the intro to the review on GameWatcher:

"I can barely stand. I’ve got vitamin deficiencies, my eyes are bleary and unfocused. I think I might have deep-vein thrombosis, and I definitely have carpal tunnel syndrome. I’ve just finished the colossal, monstrously huge Pillars of Eternity in time to write this review. And once I’ve finished doing that, I think I might just start the whole damn thing over again. Rest assured, Kickstarter backers and CRPG fans, Pillars of Eternity is just as great as you hoped it would be. Just be thankful you don’t have a deadline to finish it in."

We've all been there right? Some of us live there.

I am really happy to have helped in the construction of something I and my 12 year old daughter will be playing and replaying for years to come, like the early classics are still being played now.

What better endorsement for crowdfunding than to know that Obsidian would likely be gone by now without it, instead of (drinking beyond sanity and then) preparing to ship the pre-funded expansion to "one of the best RPGs of all time (TM)".

big numbers. i read that characters are bland and unmemorable … thats the most important thing for me

so.. i guess its too early to tell.

anyway, im not laying it for a few months )

I suggest you find human contact for laying...

As for the game I just made a character and played a bit, so far....stunning. Very happy.

Must... resist... must... finish... Shadowrun... Dragonfall...

P.S. PC Gamer did a preview of the game months ago that wasn't positive at all. Looks like Obsedian really turned that opinion around!

People at Paradox Interactive are doing the happy dance.

Back
Top Bottom