Two Worlds - Demo and v1.5 Update Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
As promised, the demo for Two Worlds complete with v1.5 improvements has been released - the link at the official site doesn't seem to be active so for the moment, grab the 865Mb file from Gamer's Hell (German, French and multilingual versions are available in addition to the English version).
The v1.5 Service Pack has also been released for existing players, coming in at a massive 1.07Gb. You can get it from Gamer's Hell above or here is a list of mirrors from the official site:
Finally, the Xbox 360 release date has been set:
+++ Fantastic RPG will be in European shops on the 29th of August 2007 +++
the PC version of "Two Worlds" has already stormed to the top of the charts - and now this world-class RPG will have its console premier on the 29th August - on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. This version has all the advantages of the numerous enhancements which the developers have programmed for the PC game in the last few months: every single update and the Service Release 1.5 are all packed into the Xbox 360™ version!

In addition to single player mode, the RPG also gives you a multiplayer mode for Xbox 360™ via the Xbox LIVE® online game service - for up to eight adventurers at one time!
More information.

As I have the game pre-ordered, I don't think I'll waste precious download on the demo. I'm hoping it arrives this week!!

I would like to give this game a try... maybe after Bioshock, and the Witcher.

Well, I jut got word that the game slipped from 21st to 23rd for shipment ...

Thanks for the linky :)
Too bad about the delay on shipment. really looking forward to this. :(

I am really surprised someone <cough! Corwin cough!> hasn't post "This isn't an RPG!" :p

I am really surprised someone <cough! Corwin cough!> hasn't post "This isn't an RPG!" :p

Why would they do that? I think that Two Worlds is pretty clearly a RPG in the Gothic / Elder scrolls tradition.

*Spoilers*
The dialog and storytelling in this demo is horrible! Everyother city is called Gindalar, Gunthalar, Gondolar, Qundathan etc. The main character is constantly taunting the bad guys but still does everything they ask him to do. Not only that but every dialog line of the hero starts with words foresooth or pray. And ofcourse the plot seems to center around some ancient family relic which is divided into several pieces you need to find.
*End of spoilers*

The combat is pretty ok stuff, hack 'n slash from 3rd person with some spells and passive skills. The ability to combine same kind of items to more powerful ones was the most interesting element if not for any else importance than to save inventory space.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the demo has quite large area playable. So I think it's worth giving it a shot yourselves, if you guys are considering purchasing this game.

Last edited:
Most italian/german reviews were 80-90%. There is like 20 of them. Links on the official page.

There are only 3 English reviews and they average out ~75% ... based on what I've been reading for the 1.5 changes, it sounds like it will end up pretty decent.

I must say that I find the demo rather unimpressive.

Might not be as bad as I feared though. I Will give it more time when I can and
maybe it will grow on me.

Still definetely not a full price purchase for the time being.

P.S I have to comment the Fair performance/graphics ratio... not as
often seen in today's games as I would like...

Wonder if that's just in the UK release!! :)

Can anyone tell me how you go about blocking with your shield or parry with your sword game in this game?!

Not bad! I played the demo for about an hour. Combat is certainly "clicky" but pretty fun. Seems to have all the basic formulas for an action RPG. Dialog isnt all that inspired but hey, its pretty fun.

Back
Top Bottom