Risen 2 NA release date changed?

Yes, checked Amazon, Gamestop and others which are showing April 27th
Kind of strange date for Us as we usually get Tuesday releases
Best Buy is not showing PC at all but 5-22-12 for console.

This at the official board

I was having trouble finding a pre-order site in Canada so I fired off an email to info@deepsilver.com, here is the result:

- "no boxed copy will be available in North America"

- "Regardless of where you buy a PC version (disc or digital download), it will run through Steam. This is true for the European release as well."

- "As far as ordering directly from Deep Silver, yes, you can do this but it will still go through the Steam activation process. You can get to the shop here: [1]http://ww.risen2-shop.com/ (yes, it is only ww... instead of www..."
I ran into a redirection problem when I tried that URL (two different browsers failed with an error, wget failed with: "20 redirections exceeded.", looks like a server problem to me. I was then given a more direct URL...

- http://deepsilverus.nexway.com/qte.h...Page_Risen2_US
Which gets me to the US order page where the Risen 2 download price is $49.99 with delivery on 27/04/2012 (I thought it was to be 25/05/2012, and have just asked for a confirmation), and a "PROMOTIONS" item (presumably the pre-game DLC) is available immediately for $0.00.

No us boxed copies and steam on 04-27-12

I think it was because those damn Europeans complained that we shouldn't be getting it 3 days before them. ;)

Lol!

I checked green man gaming and they are showing same date :wall:

Well, GMG are based in London, plus all they're doing is selling you a key to enter into Steam.

Well here is what I found-

Risen 2: Dark Waters will be released on April 27th, 2012 for PC in Europe and North America. May 22nd, 2012 for Xbox 360, and PS3 in North America and on May 25th, 2012 for Xbox 360 and PS3 in Europe.

Easy answer is there is no boxed pc version that I can find. So a digital releases on the same day makes sense.

Well, GMG are based in London, plus all they're doing is selling you a key to enter into Steam.

I just love how often GMG get us a sale on pre-orders of 20%, better than just about anywhere ... that is how I did Deus Ex: HR as well.

Yeah, pissed as I was about the whole not available hardcopy and preorder DLC, 36 euros (that I payed at GMG) is pretty reasonable so I had to give in :)

I know I am going to like the game after all ;)

Not to mention that with all the cash I have forked out the last couple of days in Kickstarters it felt petty not preordering a PB game after the hundreds of hours of enjoyment I owe these guys…

If this one turns out to suck in the end though… :whip:

Edit: Btw, the email from GMG mentions a voucher for Risen Isle bonus (the DLC I guess) to be used during checkout... Is there a checking out step in activating a Steam game via the key they will send me on release ? (never done it before)

Last edited:
Edit: Btw, the email from GMG mentions a voucher for Risen Isle bonus (the DLC I guess) to be used during checkout… Is there a checking out step in activating a Steam game via the key they will send me on release ? (never done it before)

For myself, I got the Steam code in my order email, and I can use the 'Add Game' function on Steam to add it to my library, which will validate and activate the game and tie it to your account. It mentions 'bonus' in the email ... so I only assume the DLC is included with the key. That has been my experience with games activated through Steam.

For myself, I got the Steam code in my order email, and I can use the 'Add Game' function on Steam to add it to my library, which will validate and activate the game and tie it to your account. It mentions 'bonus' in the email … so I only assume the DLC is included with the key. That has been my experience with games activated through Steam.

Hmm wait do you mean you bought Risen 2 from GMG or in general ? I got:

You have the following vouchers to use:

Name Code Expiry
Risen 2 isle bonus xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx 2012-05-07 17:44:37

To use your voucher, make a note of this code and enter is as directed during checkout.

But that is obviously not the key (at least that is what steam is telling me) :S

Edit: Well it expressly says that all keys will be made available on the unlock date for risen 2 on my account at GMG... We'll see what is the deal with that voucher then I guess unless someone else can chime in....

I had pre ordered a boxed version on amazon and it's now saying ship date is may 22nd. If true I will just cancel wait a couple more months and buy it in bargain bin or steam deal. They can lose the profits from my sale.

I hope i'm wrong but I'm not even sure i'll like risen 2. Not really happy about adding guns and pirate theme and wasn't impressed with the beta.

I was going to take a leap of faith but no hard copy for a month might be the nail in the coffin.

Edit: Well it expressly says that all keys will be made available on the unlock date for risen 2 on my account at GMG… We'll see what is the deal with that voucher then I guess unless someone else can chime in….

Yeah - seeing the same thing. So it appears the code in the email is simply the bonus and we will get the main code on release day. A little different for each publisher I suppose!

Yeah - seeing the same thing. So it appears the code in the email is simply the bonus and we will get the main code on release day. A little different for each publisher I suppose!

Seems like it. Placed a request for clarification just to be on the safe side.
Will post here when replied…

I thought about buying from GMG, but I want to be able to start playing at 12:00 am on the 27th, and GMG is known to be a little late emailing their keys sometimes.

A little different for each publisher I suppose!

GMG's reply to my query about the voucher:

Hi,

The code we have given you in your order conformation is a voucher you can use of our site to get the DLC for free.

Just log into your GMG account using our website, add Risen 2 DLC to your basket and head over to your basket. Then type (or paste) the voucher into the voucher box and click use. This will bring the price to £0. Tick the box at the top of the page (once you have read the T&C's) and then click on 'Checkout' at the bottom of the page and you will receive the game into your account, so just use Capsule to download it.

Ok...

Back
Top Bottom