Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Specific

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Just a quick poll to ask everyone's opinion on the matter of MMO news. Do you want me to cover them, or do you want them burned in the fire pit forever?:) I'll leave the poll open for a while to get results.

Perhaps there should be a third option: For some specific MMOs.

I don't really care - is it fun for you to look for MMO News ? If so, then post them ;)

Perhaps there should be a third option: For some specific MMOs.

Good thinking. Now I have to figure out how to edit the poll.

I'll vote yes on "specific".
There are thousands of MMOs out there that... Well... Does anyone care about them?

There are clearly ones people here ate interested in: Elderscrolls, Lorto, Star Wars, Archeage... I would say yes but be selective?

I'm definitely interested in MMO news - but I can't say I care too much about where I find it.

Then again, I've never been too concerned with sticking to RPGs overall. I don't think of games in terms of genres so much as in terms of whether they're good or not.

Yes for specific ones, as in Elderscrolls, Lorto, DDO genre, and only if the time spent of this will not affect the RPG news u bring.

I'd say poll and take the top x. I'd avoid WoW news given the volumes. In fact maybe the same can be said of any of the established MMO's including Lotro. Maybe only report on the new stuff?

Added the 'specific' option.

Tempted to vote no since I don't really care about them but I can see how some limited coverage of the most important MMO news can be good. Stuff like announced, released, 1st gameplay footage, the inevitable went F2P etc. Certainly not something nearly as exhaustive as the cRPG coverage because in that case we might as well go back to the RPGWatch/MMOWatch thing.

Not interested personally, but hey I can always ignore those stories as long as they aren't too numerous.

A history lesson :)

We once had coverage of MMOs. Had a separate site, that still exists mmo.rpgwatch.com.

We separated MMO and offline RPGs already in the times of RPGDot because many visitors indicated not to be interested in the MMO news between all the offline RPG news. We continued that separation at RPGWatch. Lack of interest from all sides resulted in not posting news on MMOs anymore, with the exception of some highlights the editors thought were worth the effort (which weren't many).

That's how we got to where we are now.

Yeah, but times have changed and a lot of people who would never touch an MMO seem to be quite keen on the genre today.

Voted yes for all type of MMO news.

There are plenty of other sites for MMO news but discussion on those sites tend to get childish very fast. So I am hoping for more "matured"/ "civilised" discussion here at the watch :)

Hm, personally, I'm not very much interested ...

But what I'm really interested in is what MMOs are played by people from these forums ! That would be a poll I'd be interested in to see the result !

I voted for 'no'. Our niche is SP. I consider it one of our strengths not to bother our reader with MMO coverage. ;)

Back
Top Bottom