Ebola has landed in US

Andhaira

Sentinel
So I am sure you have all heard about Thomas Eric 'didn't do nuffins' Duncan the African good samitarian who helped his landlords Ebolafied, convulsing, pregnant daughter get to the hospital in Liberia, where she was rejected and then died the next day at home. Her brother and 3 others (Aunts I think) who also went with her have also died from Ebola.

Mr Duncan OTOH made his way to Amerikwa. He signed NO on the form when asked if he had Ebola, and was taken at his word. The word of a black man is his bond after all.
'
When in Kwa he started showing syptoms and went to the hospital. They gave him some antibiotics and told him to get back to the projects, despite him telling them he had come from Africa. Around 2-4 more days later his girlfriend, whom he was living with, finally called the CDC. He was reportedly vomiting all over the place in public when the abmulance and hazmat teams came to take him in, just like the pregnant woman he had taken to the hospital in Afrikwa was vomiting all over the place too.

To make the story more interesting, and increase chances of a happy ending for the rest of the world, it doesn't end there. His girlfriend had 5 kids. He was in contact with all of them. Before being diagnosed all those kids kept regularly going to school. When he was diagnosed the school sent out letters to parents informing them of this 'event'.

There is apparently mass panic over in Texas now, though news is keeping mum. Parents are going out of their minds, and currently 50-100 people are being watched for signs of Ebola. It can gestate in anywhere from 1-21 days. And that's the 'normal' non mutated form. Mr. Duncan is in critical condition, and likely bleeding from every orifice. Officials are considering murder/criminal charges against him, for lying about being a living biological weapon unleashed on Kwa soil. His family insists he 'didn't do nuffins'. The rest of the world meanwhile is munching on popcorn and watching the entertainment unfold.

Interestingly, there has been no word if he was given Zmapp or not. Zmapp is the experimental drug given to 3 patients who had Ebola, all Kwans. 2 of them recovered. Not sure of the third. It is unknown if Zmapp had anything to do with their recovery. At least one of them was a very charitable young doctor who had gone to Africa to help the people there. While stricken he even insisted his share of the drug go to another patient (who also recovered)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/04/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

The 'man' himself (pre Ebola):

ht_thomas_eric_duncan_kb_141001_4x3_992.jpg

Do you think this was destined to happen? Is this America's punishment for the centuries of slavery and oppression of the black man? Is the 'white devil' finally going to pay for his many sins?

What the heck did I just read.:wideeyed:

Why would you post a serious news story like this, and turn it into racism? Just so you know I happen to live in America, and I also have family in Texas.

And people wonder why I hate members from the codex.:disappointed:

Why post a serious news story like this, and turn it into racism. Also for your information I live in America, and have I also have family in Texas. :disappointed:

Hope your family is far away from this. And I am not turning this into racism, just wondering if this is Karma in some way, that America oppressed the black man, and it is a black man that has brought what could be America's doom down upon them.

Why would you post a serious news story like this, and turn it into racism? Just so you know I happen to live in America, and I also have family in Texas.

And people wonder why I hate members from the codex.:disappointed:

Regardless of the poster's intention, I suspect this case may be similar to the Pedophile ring scandal in England.

Political correctness going full retard and leaving the authorities two fail to their duties 2 times in fear of being branded as racist :

- They should diagnose him, and every other in his situation, on arrival.

- They should have held him and quarantine him immediately when he started showing suspicious signs of sickness.

If patient had told that he was in touching contact with ebola victim Im sure the hospital would have taken him in. But instead he just said that "he came from africa". Hospitals cant prejudice that every person from africa carries ebola.

I do hope the man makes it. He has many kids.

As for ebola it has existed for millions of years and it has never been a real threat except for certain less developed cultures.

As for ebola it has existed for millions of years and it has never been a real threat except for certain less developed cultures.
The first recorded outbreak was in Sudan and the country formerly known as Zaire in 1976. The first outbreak by its siebling, the Marburg Virus took place in 1967, in the german cities Marburg and Frankfurt, and in Belgrade, Yugoslavia..

I think it's likely that there has been outbreaks before that, but we don't know for how long. Symptoms are dramatic, so I think if it's been around for very long we would have detected it earlier. But that's just (hopefully educated) guessing.

From 1976 to 2014, there as been around 1700 recorded cases, and around 1000 deaths. Previous outbreaks have been fairly easy to stop, because they affected only one or two locations.

The current outbreak is the worst ever recorded with more than 7000 cases. Still, we ought to be able to handle it eventually, since to be infected you have to be in contact with body fluids of patients with active disease. But how long it will take is anyone's guess.

I'm sure that the CDC or whoever is responsible can handle this quite well. This is something they regularly have to work with in connection to other infectuous diseases like for instance tuberculosis.

pibbur who also wold like to remoind the watch that the total number of deaths from ebola is far lower than the yearly number of deaths from other diseases like malaria, influenza, rabies etc.

Last edited:
The first recorded outbreak was in Sudan and the country formerly known as Zaire in 1976. The first outbreak by its siebling, the Marburg Virus took place in 1967, in the german cities Marburg and Frankfurt, and in Belgrade, Yugoslavia..

I think it's likely that there has been outbreaks before that, but we don't know for how long. Symptoms are dramatic, so I think if it's been around for very long we would have detected it earlier. But that's just (hopefully educated) guessing.

From 1976 to 2014, there as been around 1700 recorded cases, and around 1000 deaths. Previous outbreaks have been fairly easy to stop, because they affected only one or two locations.
In animal world ebola or its previous forms have existed for millions of years. Our history records first outbreaks in the 70s but ebola itself has existed way before that.

In animal world ebola or its previous forms have existed for millions of years. Our history records first outbreaks in the 70s but ebola itself has existed way before that.

You're absolutely right about that of course. I didn't see beyond human infections, so much for being narrow-minded.

pibbur who stands corrected (if that's correct English).

There are elements who believe this individual is actually a ticking biological bomb, and that he was deliberately allowed into the Kwa for nefarious reasons.

Anyhow, his condition is worsening. There have been other ebola scares in the US, but sadly nothing constructive yet. There is still hope though, incubation period for those who might be affected has uptil October 19th to gestate.

First suspected ebolavictim in the netherlands.

I dont know about you guys, but i am getting a bit scared. This outbreak lasts longer than other know outbreaks of ebola, so it gets more time to mutate. While ebola has a very small chance of becoming an airborn virus, it might get other mutations. If it would develop milder symptoms while still retaining its deadly effect en the end, it would be more difficult to recognise. It might sound strange but it is actually good luck ebola has severe symptons like vomiting.

This has actually been the longest and deadliest ebola outbreak in recorded history. And not just longest by days, longest by months. There is no precedent for this, thus there is no real accurate prediction to be made.

That said, ebola would be a low threat were it not for the illiteracy in the African sub continent. I am sure you have all heard how aid workers are being killed over there, and hospitals looted and ebola victims being taken home by their families who believe the hospitals, governments and the white devil are the ones spreading ebola and the true cure can only be found in ancient African juju.

Didn't know the devil was a she.

Typical sexist cismale comment. Why couldn't the devil be she? Why do males always get the important jobs? Why is it so hard to believe a female could be the most vile and evil thing in creation? If this cis behavior continues I will be forced to report you to the SJW police, just as soon as they get done with GamerGate. I might also consult with Ryan Morrison, video game attorney for some cisadvice.

Anyhow, back to the topic: It appears infamous Codex moderator Crispy might have ebola:

1412560502771_Image_galleryImage_Michael_Lively_ebola_home.JPG

Authorities found Michael Lively on Sunday and took him to a hospital
Lively may have come in contact with Thomas Eric Duncan's bodily fluids after riding in the same ambulance
CDC Director Thomas Friedan said the outbreak is under control
Health officials monitoring 48 people who came in contact with Duncan when he was contagious
Officials are considering implementing new checks at airport to stop people with Ebola from entering the country
Duncan is 'fighting for his life' in critical condition at a Texas hospital
He has not received any experimental drugs and is instead being given only 'supportive care'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...las-wandering-supposed-observation-virus.html

If we're not careful, this place is gonna become a sewer like the Codex.

We should implement some kind of neighborhood watch or something, Myrthos. ;p

Andhaira just lost his playground at the Codex - even the trolls had enough of him.
Expect nothing from him except provocation.
Do you think this was destined to happen? Is this America's punishment for the centuries of slavery and oppression of the black man? Is the 'white devil' finally going to pay for his many sins?

What about the devil? Isn't she the bigger threat?
-> utter nonsense

Stop it.

The Codex isn't a sewer, it is just different :)

Back
Top Bottom