Omega Syndrome still available

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
For those of you who remember David Moffatt's game The Omega Syndrome it is still available. It's Fallout-esque game that was known quite well at the Codex but we didn't find out about till close to the end(I still think David should of went to ALL the RPG sites). Anyways, I was going through my email and out of sheer curiousity clicked the buy link for the game in an email from David. Lo and behold it went straight to a real webpage that still offers the game.

I purchased this at about the same time that David's webpage went down. I had no problems ordering the game and downloading it. It still is $29.95 with the option of adding a few dollars to enable you to download the game as many times as you want for a year (a bit of a waste of a couple of bucks if you ask me, but if you don't have a burner or flash then it might make sense)

The Omega Syndrome webpage is still down and there will be no support with the game, but I've finished it without any major bugs.

Here's the link,
http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=11127-1

You will need the patch as well.
http://www.ausgamedev.com/OmegaSyndromePatch.exe
This still works.

Edit: You need to have Getright installed on your computer to download the patch. Make sure Web Browser Monitoring is checked.

Double Edit: The patch is now officially gone from there. Send me a PM and I'll get it to you.

Don't do what I did and apply the patch before registering the game. First download the full version, register it with the name and number sent to you from the company you bought it from and then patch it.

If your stuck in the game or just want to know more about it, you can view The Omega Syndromes archived forums at the Internet Archive. It's a bit slow but still has all the old topics and posts in the forums.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ausgamedev.com

Last edited:
As you all have seen me do before... I heartily recommend this game. I won't go on like I have previously, but I will say that it's a good, fun, fairly well written CRPG.

Support the guy and buy the game... maybe he will make more (which was his plan... I know he already had plans for another RPG until he decided to get out of the biz).

I found a review of the game. It's from Duck and Cover is for the V1.92 version. A bit outdated but gives a good overall picture of what the game is.
http://www.duckandcover.cx/content.php?id=64

But I think Narpet's review in one of his posts best sums up what the game is.
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2514

And Narpet you entirely right about Omega, I loved the whole Fallout meets 50's sci-fi theme of the game. If you love bad sci-fi movies you'll love this.

As good ol' Stephen Colbert would say "Look out. He's a grammarista.";)

Homer Simpson is singing this so I think I'll leave it the way it is. He would like that I think. Thanks though.

As you all have seen me do before... I heartily recommend this game. I won't go on like I have previously, but I will say that it's a good, fun, fairly well written CRPG.

Support the guy and buy the game... maybe he will make more (which was his plan... I know he already had plans for another RPG until he decided to get out of the biz).

David was looking for a 3D engine to suit his needs for another game but I think that has been shelved for some time due to high costs of art etc - at least someone who could draw the style he wanted but I wouldn't count he out of the BIZ just yet ;)

I wouldn't count him out. The last thing I heard from him was that he wanted to do an online RPG that works like a P&P RPG where you have a small number of players and a dungeon master who controls the monster, setting etc.. But by his own admission he needs to figure out networking ;) This sounds interesting. I would be more apt to playing this than any MMO junk out there.

And Narpet you entirely right about Omega, I loved the whole Fallout meets 50's sci-fi theme of the game. If you love bad sci-fi movies you'll love this.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well... I was pleasantly surprised by the game... and I would definitely be interested in anything new that the dev decided to create (if he decides to create more ;) ).

Sorry to necro such an old thread, but I just remembered this game (it was on my to-buy list so, so, so long ago; almost half a decade ago actually). I'm really happy to hear that it's still being sold, even though David's out of business (real shame, I corresponded with him via email and he's a swell guy). Skavenhorde do you know how long the game's length is? I overspent this month on Red Orchestra 2 and Deus Ex HR, but if Omega Syndrome has a reasonably long game length, I may feel compelled to get it ASAP. Otherwise, being as strapped on cash as I am right now, I will most likely just wait it out for another month before spending on games again.

Ho boy… I haven't thought of this game in awhile. Still got it stored on multiple flash drives, but haven't played it pretty much since I posted the original post.

Game length…….Seriously I haven't a clue. I could guess and say that it took me around 20 - 30 hours to finish, but that is just a guess at best. It's not short I can guarantee that, but I don't think it was as long as the original Fallouts.

Here is a post from the now defunct Omega Syndrome forums explaining what exactly is in the main game. That will probably help you more than my guess.

I can tell you that I liked it and it was money well spent.

Thanks man. I really hope David comes out of the ashes once more. There's a dearth of stat-heavy RPGs right now.

From what I read of other posts, it looks like there isn't much in the way of choices and consequences, is there?

No, not much C&C. Certainly not like The Witcher. There are random encounters that can mix things up a bit.

There are a few adventure style puzzles to be figured out. The first one is a doozy too. Took me a few tries to figure out what to do. It was logical, but for some reason my brain wasn't quite grasping on what to do :p

Here's a few links I found that might help you out. This one is an interview that Saint_Proverbius did with David over at RPGCodex. A few screenshots and tons of info on the game from RPGCodex.

RPGWatch didn't really find out about this game or more accurately I didn't read about it till almost the end. However David did a lot of posting over at Codex.

Yeah as I recall, he frequented NMA quite a bit too.

Thanks for the links :)

I found you can still get the demo from waybackmachine, but nowhere to get the full game. ANyone know where to get it, or have it? Would really like to play this game.

Back
Top Bottom