Mass Effect 3 - More Romance Options

I'm hoping they will add some pink armour sets and the ability to pimp Shepard out with accessories and apply makeup. I would be even more impressed if you could make Shepard wear a burka and/or other religious artifacts. I am happy to pay $50+ for fluff and put up with shit games.

Bioware think of their customers. More romance options. Great.

Save I did not engage in any romance in DA, DA2, ME, and ME2. Did not even skip that on sake of RP, but because it adds nothing to the story.
Apparently, there might add something in ME3 as they could give birth to triangle lovers business during the most apocalyptic event the universe biological life forms have to face. Nothing less and three people wont be able to put their love business aside. Wonderful. "Shepard, all biological life is about to go extinct, tell me that I am the one you love, else I wont bear it"

Happy to see that Bioware is adopting the controversy model to bring cash.

As the game industry is built on the pay to see model, people will have to buy the game to be able to enter the controversy of the romance options, whether or not it is the end of the world if in a virtual universe, a virtual character has sex with another virtual character of the same gender or even of a different species, bringing decadence to the blond haired, blue eyed kids all over the world. Marvellous.

Well, the problem I have with romance options in Bioware games is that it never appears realistic. It is really hard to tell a believable and good love story. Few game companies can..... even with a completely linear story and just two love interests.

Well, the problem I have with romance options in Bioware games is that it never appears realistic. It is really hard to tell a believable and good love story. Few game companies can….. even with a completely linear story and just two love interests.

I am not sure if I have ever had a great LI in a game. Still I enjoy them for what they are. I like options, I like companions and interaction, no matter what their orientation. It adds some fun to the game.

There was a correction/update recently about existing options and new ones that may reassure some folks in a panic.

BioWare's Casey Hudson has responded to previous reports that Mass Effect 3 will have no new love interests with a tweet setting the record straight on the Producer's Twitter page.

Some game sites saying "previously straight chars now available for both m&f chars" are not necessarily true. Will have some new LI's in #ME3" Hudson tweeted, meaning that previous quotes must have been erroneous. "LI's" obviously stands for "love interests", just to clarify.

So, there you go. Thank goodness we've got all of that straightened out. You'll still be able to have same sex relationships, but existing straight characters won't switch their sexual orientations. Got that? Good!

Well, the problem I have with romance options in Bioware games is that it never appears realistic. It is really hard to tell a believable and good love story. Few game companies can….. even with a completely linear story and just two love interests.

Bioware is indeed not alone in this mess. The Witcher is on par in terms of awkward, unmanageable love affairs. Taking the player to an unknown character and insisting to force a choice on his love affairs...
That cheapens the decision as it is not possible to figure a matter of that importance on that few elements. In the end, dealt as a "head or tails" issue.

On Shepherd being gay or not… I remember a time where key personality traits was decided by the player rather than the developer.

Yes, that's true.

I don't know why Bioware even bothers with romance in their games. It adds very little to the game and appears as nothing more than something tacked onto. It cheapens the game(s), if anything.

No : It makes the games more expensive.

- additional voice redording
- additional dialogs
- additional programming (paths)
- and so on.

Blizzard's Action-RPGs are cheap compared against that.

I agree.

For example, I was not part of the expected majority and had rather a tendency towards Leliana or how her name was.
And Bioware realized only AFTER the release of "Wuitch Hunt" that players might NOT have taken interest in her !
Which imho says quite a lot about the way they were thinking when making "Witch Hunt" …

Do we really need more romance options?! Bioware's games are already chock full of them and as other areas of their games are being streamlined or cut out, they are adding more romance options. Good grief, their games are just glorified dating sims now!

Good God…where does it all end? Bioware should just build an engine that allows you to have sex with every object in game, and that's how you win: Once you've fucked every item in-game, the credits roll.

It's diluting the quality of the romances that are there. My personal opinion is that Bioware didn't do a horrible job with the romance options in some of their previous games. Sure, they were soap-opera-y but they had at least a little substance (They didn't objectify women to the point of turning them into collectible cards, at least *COUGH*trophies*COUGH*). Again, some of their romances actually required a little intelligence and understanding of the object of your affection, not just simply taking the "Nice Guy" answer all the time.

Not to mention the fact that they're just catering to nitwits who make stupid-ass mods like this.

At least Geralt does not take it up the.......

Seems like he's not manly enough for that :devil:.

No : It makes the games more expensive.

- additional voice redording
- additional dialogs
- additional programming (paths)
- and so on.

Blizzard's Action-RPGs are cheap compared against that.

Ah, when I said cheapens, that meant to be interpreted as lowering the overall quality of the product, rather than the actual production cost.

I can't even begin to describe how irrelevant I consider the whole "romance in ME" topic. Gay, straight, who, what, where, when - I honestly couldn't care less.

Back
Top Bottom