Neo Scavenger and RPG Codex Goy 2014 (Rant)

Your arguing is very solid and the example about the steam users review is rather pertinent, it's something I quoted multiple time, and the free try and free week end generated absurdities in my opinion.

But this example also brings the counter argument. The problem is, does a democratic vote of the maximum number of players help me choose my CRPGs to play? Not really. The Steam users reviews is an excellent example, suddenly for some reason many players try the game and the rate drop down, but the problem is they play a game that wasn't in their target so they could only dislike it. And after their vote the overall rating isn't more significant.

For some type of games I perfectly know not many players will enjoy, but this doesn't mean I could not enjoy a lot.

So the question is, are you used to have preferences that match the majority of CRPG players? If the answer is yes then ok the vote system used at codex means nothing. For players like me answering no to this question, this system is interesting but obviously it requires a lot of care and it's not to follow blindly.

I checked quickly Voidspire Tactics that I ignored because very indie and not on Mac, but it's a nice pick for me, not one I should rush buy, but one that I must check with some depth.

At reverse I checked the RPGWatch users GOTY 2015 and it didn't learned me anything. And that doesn't mean I agree with it, not that I have any top 2015, but overall when checking it it's the feeling I get.

So I won't deny the validity of your arguing but I wanted pinpoint it's relative and it depends of the player type that you are.

EDIT: That said, one thing I can't defend is the use of the bayesian average, a quick check to the list further than the first 3 pinpoints it's a clowns choice, stop try look smart, it's the reverse effect.

Legends of Eisenwald I refused to buy as it looked as damned Mount and Blade clone. Not saying clones can't be better than the original game, but a clone of Mount and Blade cannot be better than TW3.
I've heard a lot of critique about our game, some justified, some not so much, some not at all. Yours falls into a separate category by itself I think. You can say many bad things about LoE but M&B clone? Jesus, have you no clue.

Back
Top Bottom