The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update took over an hour for me, oddly despite the fact that it has to be busy, I noted a considerable decrease in lag once in.

There's a Half-blood pack available, both Half-Elf and Orc races for just under 2000tp. As they are 1200 and 1300tp respectively, this is a decent deal. It is also the sole reason I have HOs.

Half-Elves: Withered elf ears on a caved in human face. They get a mix of human and elven enhancements, which is nice. Their main feature is the Dilettante feats, which are a free level 1 feat which basically gives you a level in another class without taking the level. The most powerful one by far is the Fighter feat, which gives you martial proficiencies in ALL martial melee weapons. Next comes Rogue, which gives +1d6 Sneak Attack damage. The Cleric, Favored Soul, Wizard, and Sorcerer feats all give access to Divine/Arcane wands, respectively. Ranger, Bard, and Paladin also give access to those wands that they can use naturally. Arcane HEs can use this to wand whip without UMD, which is nice. Though UMD should still be maxed out, as that opens up scroll and restricted item use as well. Finally, they can use Race-restricted Human or Elf items.

Half-Orc: Me Grimlock SMASH! I built a Barbarian with a whopping 24(!) strength on my brief test run, reaching 100pt crits while maintaining +14 to-hit. At level 4. With PA + Orcish PA boost on (-6 to-hit, +6/12 damage). Looks like a stretched dwarf with a uglier head.

UI has been revamped, and is, IMO, more attractive to look at. And there is some sort of event in Delera's Graveyard.

Half-Orc: Me Grimlock SMASH! I built a Barbarian with a whopping 24(!) strength on my brief test run, reaching 100pt crits while maintaining +14 to-hit. At level 4. With PA + Orcish PA boost on (-6 to-hit, +6/12 damage). Looks like a stretched dwarf with a uglier head.
*Tim Allen grunts*

*Tim Allen grunts*

HOs actually get more stuff than you can feasibly afford, to be honest. At low level it's not as problematic, but later, if you're taking Frenzied/Kensai etc, plus the toughness enhancements, plus all the damage enhancements it adds up. Then again, it really adds up in damage too.

They can also talk to chests with their dragonmark, and try to up the loot level. Kinda strange, as when I talk to chests I usually get slapped... <.< >.>

Az isn't kidding about the download. ~45 minutes for me, and I did it after the initial rush died down some. Plus an additional couple minutes for the hi-res stuff. The graphics are a bit crisper, particularly in the UI, and the sound is noticeably improved, IMO.

If you're an organized type, the changes to the inventory system won't be much value. The "junk" tag might come in handy, though. The auction house changes appear to be useful.

There was some sort of bug with the Festival, so they took it down about 30 minutes ago.

Didn't take me that long, but I really like the new inventory. Haven't had time to play, so I'll know more after our regular game.

I respecced my paladin/fighter to a pure paladin since intimidate is finally a paladin class skill now. I also changed starting stats so I could get with +5/+6 items the following stats at level 20.

STR: 30, DEX: 18 (+5 item), INT: 13 (needed for combat expertise), CON: 20 (only +4 item), WIS: 16 and CHA: 28.

Since he's now at level 15 pure paladin it means he can cast holy weapon and get a +5 holy burst greatsword or khopesh. That will come in handy indeed.

I think that look like a pretty decent paladin build. :) I get to Divine Might III and I can also get the capstone now (+1d6 dmg vs evil / 2d6 vs undead/outsiders)

What do y'all think of a VIP membership? Worth it? At this point I've bought much of what I'd get for free, but there's still some adventure packs and half-orcs (*Tim Allen grunts*) that I'd get without burning points.

If you think $15 a month is worth it, why not. CM has.

The bad side about a VIP membership is that you pay even when you don't play. You then have to stop the membership to not play.

Since I've bought most modules and I'm mostly spending points on siberys cakes, mana potions, hirelings and stuff I think I won't save any money by being VIP. Besides, I think it's better to know I'm paying when I play and when I don't I don't pay anything. With some accounts they delete your characters if you don't play for awhile if you terminate your VIP account. I don't want my characters to be deleted just because I want to play something else for awhile

The VIP gave me all the mods, 10 character slots, and 500 points. I picked it cause coming up with points for those mods was hard on the budget. This way I pick the date to pay that works for me, and will get points every month without shelling them out for mods. Now if I get some extra cash I can get points but they will add up over time as well just through the monthly ones.

I didn't see anything about loosing characters if I change my mind, still get to keep the first four I would think. And those are my high ones. The VIP pay seemed a good deal for however long we play this as a group.

You really want him to bash on you don't you. :smartass::p

My rig came down with a bad case of VD (thanks a load, children, and no thanks McAfee) and I finally waved the white flag. I'm taking it to professionals today and we'll see what they can do. I would hope I'll be back in business by Friday.

Still undecided on the VIP thing. I'd probably be more interested if I hadn't already bought most of the adventure packs.

It helps me budget wise, as buying points the past several times when on sale so I could get the packs I still needed proved to be such a hassle here. They don't give much notice about the sales and they only run a few days. It is just a matter of what works personally.

Announcing our own current holders of the remarkable achievement tile.....wait for it:

BONE KING!!!

Both Peter and azraelck have earned this honor by running out to a certain area in search of a blood stone so many times they have both killed over 1600 undead. So JM and I have decided they should be awarded some title for all those bones they put to rest. :biggrin:

Congrats to both and may you finally get the blood stone you seek! ;)

(Any use of the title bestowed is strictly reserved in this thread and should not afford either of them any special privileges.)

Ok, just to be sure I tell everyone I will be out this Friday. Should be back first part of next week depending on how I find things are going with my Dad. If need be I will stay longer and will post here if that happens. Have fun and see you all soon.

Well I should be there this week, but likely on dialup again as the plan is to go down to the beach unit this weekend if the weather is reasonable.

Well, I'd better be back in business by Friday. They told me 2-3 days to get my rig repaired, and I'm sitting at 8 right now. Not happy.

Hope it's not a Dell. A supposed 3 weeks from them became 3 months and a lot more than 3 emails!!

It's a Dell, but I'm getting it fixed locally since the warranty's long gone. I think I'm getting shafted, though. I've gone from 2-3 days over a Windows corruption to 9 days and counting with a new DVD drive and a new HDD. The current ETA is Friday late or Saturday. I'm betting that I'll miss this week's session but hoping I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom