Risen 2 Risen 2 manual

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Already stated in a few threads, we who got the game on Steam didn't get a manual with the game. According to official Risen2 forum, Deep Silver will provide it upon request. The problem is… Who'll wait for it, we want it now, right?
So one of forum members there scanned his one (b/w) and shares it publically:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wec76y8j79marp8

Use "download" button (upper right corner) to get PDF manual - I just downloaded it with one retry (5.5 Mb).

And thanks to this now I got an answer I asked a couple of days ago if those permaboost plants can be turned into potions:
"Voodoo alchemy
Alchemy is a special class of voodoo that lets you brew magic potions and perform rituals
to strengthen yourself and weaken your enemies. As before, this requires a recipe,
certain ingredients and a voodoo altar on which to brew the potions. Besides potions
to regenerate your health, there are also some that permanently increase your attributes,
like strength or dexterity."
But so far I haven't seen such recipe in the game… :(

Last edited:
No wonder the manual didn't make to Steam. Hehe

The manual also seem to suggest that they had something better inmind for melee at some point then the god awful 1click combat we got.

Quote:Once you are facing an enemy, switch to combat mode by pressing the [] key and you’ll draw your weapon. From there press the action key together with the movement keys forwards, left and right to attack with single blows or combos.

Unless ofc they ment that standing in 1 spot spamming your mouse while turning around with the keys should be a viable tactic.

The manual in several parts seems to describe some early development stage of the game, not the final one. I'd also never put that version of manual on Steam. ;)

I can't believe there is no manual for Steam users - that's just poor. I checked the scanned version - its hard to make our some images, but at least I can read the text. Still don't undestand the lock-picking minigame. I just wiggle the mouse back and forth until something happens ;-) I must say that muskets really do tilt the game balance... I wonder if they really playtested combat?

Still don't undestand the lock-picking minigame. I just wiggle the mouse back and forth until something happens ;-)

You need to find the right sequence. As soon as you hit a pin that is not the next in the hidden sequence, every pin falls back again.

Yep, would have been easier with keys. And "wiggle approach" won't work with 10 pin locks, sorry :)

That combat description sounds more like Gothic 1 and 2 than Risen. Sounds awesome. Let's face it, G2 is as good as it gets, we're not likely to see many games better than it.

Already stated in a few threads, we who got the game on Steam didn't get a manual with the game. According to official Risen2 forum, Deep Silver will provide it upon request. The problem is… Who'll wait for it, we want it now, right?
So one of forum members there scanned his one (b/w) and shares it publically:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wec76y8j79marp8

Use "download" button (upper right corner) to get PDF manual - I just downloaded it with one retry (5.5 Mb).

And thanks to this now I got an answer I asked a couple of days ago if those permaboost plants can be turned into potions:

But so far I haven't seen such recipe in the game… :(

Joxer, have you printed this manual out mate?

No. I don't print anything for years now, except some important contracts and stuff at work that need to be signed or sent somewhere physically.
Why?

Well if you want to refer to the guide, you will have to keep quitting the game ???

It's a manual. Not a guide.
You're supposed to read it while not playing.

Yes I see now.....Still would be ok printed out don't yer think bud???:cool:

I have nothing against that.
Although... Maybe it's better to buy a nice and shiny Core i7 Stylus.
Cheap, fast and more interesting than phones for phonegames.

Back
Top Bottom