Risen Temple/Aric type stuff lol (possible Spoiler)

Snaggle

Traveler
Ok done all the quests in first part of temple .. But i think i made a mistake .. finished the murder quest first before fighting Aric . now as far as i know i can progress as cant give Aric the wine and then beat him . I never saved so would have to do the whole thing again unless i can find a solution .

Snaggle

What do you mean you can't progress? I solved the murderer quest by snapping Aric's neck in the washroom without ever fighting him before that, and Master Vitus tells me i have done the Monastery a favor and all that yadda yadda. I didn't even know about the wine. :)

Well normally you have to beat Aric in a fight to pass yer basic training . But since i solved the murder before i had the fight he is now dead so i cant finish my basic training .

Snaggle

Odd, i could finish my basic training just fine. I just had to find a replacement for Aric to train the recruits, but i don't remember if that accounted towards completing the basic training.

Unless you've missed something, you might have stepped on a bug there.

Well william takes over from Aric but as part of basic training i have already had a fight with him and now he is the trainer he will train me (staff fighting) but nothing else :(

Snaggle

Same problem as Snaggle, can't say anything to Vitus and William only talks about "Improving my technique".

AFAIK that is his only purpose for the rest of the game. (You don't actually even have to fight Aric btw) William will still train you for staff. After I solved the murder and Aric was gone, William became trainer but his options never changed. The options were always the same after I kicked Williams ass twice...before Aric or murder or any of that.....and after.

Well normally you have to beat Aric in a fight to pass yer basic training . But since i solved the murder before i had the fight he is now dead so i cant finish my basic training .

Snaggle

You may notice that when you ask Master Pallis for the list of those that can leave the monastery, he warns you not to neglect your basic training even for solving the murder.
A subtle hint from the devs.?

You may notice that when you ask Master Pallis for the list of those that can leave the monastery, he warns you not to neglect your basic training even for solving the murder.
A subtle hint from the devs.?

A hint or not, it shouldn't come down to the point where the player can no longer progress for not getting the hint. That would be a brutal punishment. Seems like a nasty bug to me. I completed everybody's test in the Monastery (and nearby regions; Tilda's farm etc.) except Master Pallas' who asks you to ensure peace and order in Harbour Town. If memory serves…

Back
Top Bottom