Dungeons - Gone Gold

Gamespot wrote up a preview a couple of days ago. It sounded not quite done yet. This one might need a patch or two before it's a good buy.

Instant buy! Thanks, Dhruin. Don't care if it's buggy at first. That's pretty much a given with every game realesed now.

I can't wait to be evil once more and torture, maim and kill those goody two shoes adventures who are stupid enough to come crawling into my dungeon for fame and glory.:faint::whip:

Steam has it listed for a Feb. 10 release. (I live in the U.S.)

That's great news. Has Kalypso mentioned anything about DRM?

(been a lurker here for 2 years, finally decided to sign up :D)

That's great news. Has Kalypso mentioned anything about DRM?

(been a lurker here for 2 years, finally decided to sign up :D)

DRM info in the official forum.

It's a mixed bag. Tighter than normal, but also more service than others. They say:

1) No internet connection:
- serial number (once)
- disk in drive
- updates only (!) through (2)

2) Internet Connection:
- serial number (once)
- account at publisher (once, maybe use Patrician 4 account, I don't know) (once)
- game launcher checks serial number & auto-updates (fall-back to (1) without internet)
- free content patches
- NO need to be online permanently (-> Ubi)
- unclear: CD in drive?

The game can be re-sold. Support will untie the s/n from the game upon request.

This sounds to me like the DRM of The Settlers 7 - you know, playing with a constant internet connection - but with some of its edges polished, so to say, so that the DRM isn't that harsh anymore.

What points in my opinion into that direction is, that updates will ONLY be available while having a constant internet connection ! - This is like ... Settlers 7 constant internet connection as DRM, but rather offered as a bar of chocolate, it's like kind of "seducing" people by offering patches ONLY if people comply to that"internet-DRM" ...

And of course it says that no permanent internet connection is needed ... but actually : who would do this if the laucher checks every time for serial number & patches ?

Sounds like you didn't understand it.

Back
Top Bottom