Original Sin - Patch 1.0.107 Released

Really, why?

Look at all the content they've added and bugs they've fixed since release.

Seems pretty clear the game wasn't where they wanted it to be.

At release this game was one of the best RPGs of the last years and would have been without any further patching.

Claiming that it wasn't in release-worthy condition is a distortion of the fact that they are still improving it.

Really, why?

Look at all the content they've added and bugs they've fixed since release.

Seems pretty clear the game wasn't where they wanted it to be.

I played the release for over 50 hours, not a single bug and no crashes. Content updates? As far as I know no content has been added. There will be acontent update with two additional companions, and I agree that should have been in the release. But to say they put the game out to early? I disagree.

Show me ONE game that doesn't need a couple of patches to fix some unknown bugs when released? (At least a game with any kind of depth and not a platformer or shooter, although even those tend to need patches...)

The game was playable and finishable upon the release. Yea it had some hiccups that were sorted out.

And now some found a new excuse, they wait for 2 NPCs patch and whatnot.

Guys, if you plan to wait for next Jesus coming, that's okay, you wait, your choice.
But if you're saying you won't get the girl because she has only 2 boobs instead of three, sorry, but that doesn't sound normal to me.

A suggestion, buy, install and play Skyrim. For that game you know there won't be any new patch coming ever.

This thread is hilarious. :)

And now some found a new excuse, they wait for 2 NPCs patch and whatnot.

Guys, if you plan to wait for next Jesus coming, that's okay, you wait, your choice.
But if you're saying you won't get the girl because she has only 2 boobs instead of three, sorry, but that doesn't sound normal to me.
It's more that I want to have a threesome with two girls and instead of going with the two girls that are already there, I just wait an hour for two more girls to arrive, so I can chose the two I like most. ;)

Henchmen don't count. They're rubber dolls.

And if you say I should just have two threesomes in a row... dude, I'm getting old and won't stand that. ;)

At release this game was one of the best RPGs of the last years and would have been without any further patching.

Claiming that it wasn't in release-worthy condition is a distortion of the fact that they are still improving it.

I'm sure we could start a whole new thread on what "release-worthy condition" is.

Fortunately, I didn't say that. You can read what I did say if you want to.

As far as facts it's pretty clear to me. They have released 13 patches, hotfixes, small updates, etc with literally 100's of fixes.

Clearly the game was done how they wanted it to be and couldn't have used another month or 2 of early access?:S

I played the release for over 50 hours, not a single bug and no crashes. Content updates? As far as I know no content has been added. There will be acontent update with two additional companions, and I agree that should have been in the release. But to say they put the game out to early? I disagree.

Show me ONE game that doesn't need a couple of patches to fix some unknown bugs when released? (At least a game with any kind of depth and not a platformer or shooter, although even those tend to need patches…)

A couple of patches??

*sigh* Again...

They have released 13 patches, hotfixes, small updates, etc with literally 100's of fixes.

Many of which were crashes. Also rebalnancing, npc's, personalities, etc.

I can only assume that you feel the game is so good that you can't see what's right in front of you.

Also I'm not even sure what I said that was so negative.

The game has had a lot of patches and they've said more will be coming soon and the game could have used another month or 2 in early access.

I pledged $300 to this game. More than I've paid for any game ever. So I'm not negative and I hope I enjoy it even more than the rest of you. I'm also very happy they are patching and fixing and when they are done i will happily play the best version of it.

None of that changes what I said in my original post, It could have 9 more patches and could have stayed in EA longer.

Everyone can put their torches and pitchforks away. There is no blood here for you. I will try to remember not to be objective about the game but to only post happy thought's.

I will try to remember not to be objective about the game but to only post happy thought's.
Yeah, kind of spooky isn't it? I'm also waiting. Not because I doubt that the game is good as it is but because I know that it will be even better in not too distant future. Call it my personal GOTY edition? Besides, I simply don't have the time to start a new game every time something major will get patched in.

Really, why? Look at all the content they've added and bugs they've fixed since release. Seems pretty clear the game wasn't where they wanted it to be.

Even if we all could agree that Skyrim is 'bigger' than D:OS (whatever 'bigger' means), I'm fairly confident D:OS will NOT have a comparably sized bug list when we look at the game 2 years from now. Scrolling with my mouse wheel as fast as I can, it takes me a full 60 seconds to scroll from the top of the bug list to the bottom. That is what you call 'buggy' all in the name of the super-cool release date of 11/11/11.

Yes, Larian has added features and fixed bugs since release. Unfortunately, this is par for the course in the gaming industry since gamers as a whole refuse to vote with their wallets when it comes to buggy and incomplete games. But like Joxer already pointed out, the game was playable and complete-able from day 1. To characterize D:OS as buggy like how Skyrim was or so many other games are is misleading. Larian did a great job of balancing polish with a reasonable release date and in my view they operated in an above-average way compared to their industry at large.

I will try to remember not to be objective about the game but to only post happy thought's.

C'mon man... you sound like a defeated husband who is married to a wife who nags all the time. No one's asking you to post only happy thoughts. Most here just giving their points of view like how you did yourself. I see your points and even agree with most I just don't agree with the notion of classifying D:OS as 'buggy.'

Last edited:
I think if you asked Swen if the release version actually is what he had in mind as a release version 5 months ago, he would say No. ;)

I have to agree with sakichop. D:OS was definitely released prematurely.

I don't see the big deal with saying what's obviously true. No one is claiming that it wasn't still a very enjoyable experience at release - just that a significant amount of things had yet to be done.

I'm not sure that anyone in this thread was arguing that it wasn't released prematurely? I agree it was released prematurely.

But it's still not "buggy" by general standards of the day, and never was.

Two completely separate issues.

It's all over page 1, it's the stuff he was replying to, I assume.

If not, then I guess there's just two entirely separate conversations going on here :)

I was referring specifically to sakichop who everyone seemed to be disagreeing with. Again, he never once said anything about bugs.

He actually did, he referred to "100's of fixes" twice.

Back
Top Bottom