Introduce yourself a bit

Terriers are great, they are fiercely loyal, unbelievably loveable, and more energetic than a hopped up crack-head. They do of course bark way to damn much; something which tends to be more of a high, pitched ear piercing yelp than a baritone bark. In addition to that mine likes to vomit at the most inopportune times. She also had this issue with peeing when she got to excited. Sadly, a few people found this out the hard, warm, and smelly way. Thankfully she has largely outgrown this. Interesting though, how is it that terriers are less inclined to aggravate one's dog allergies? Mine sheds like all hell.

P.S. I just got word that Gothic arrived. That means I get Gothic 3, 2 GB of RAM and a new .22lr bolt action (used with a scope and hard-case at a price that was a steal!!!). Someone's having the best week ever! Ahem...

Hairs and dander of terriers are dispersed into the upper atmosphere by their whirlwind progress thru the plane on which we attempt to coexist with this alien lifeform. Have Jack Russells ourselves.
Beyond dogs, I'm an old hippy as well, from Chicago but now happily rusticating in the sticks. Been playing crpgs since my son wangled me into Baldurs Gate(1),
All time favorite is Planescape Torment, but I quite liked the Gothics and Diablo, and have a masochistic streak which finds me frequently playing turn based strategy(HOMM2-5, MOO2-GalCiv)
Best wishes to the site--the ever-shrinking font and news column and ever-increasing and intrusive ad shell over at RPGDOT was a big turnoff.
This OTOH is way good:cool:

Hello,

I have been playing RPGs since the late 80's. I started out as a youngin on Bard's Tale, Legacy of the Ancients, and some other games I have long forgotten about. I went through a dry period during the early 90's until we got a family PC about '95 or so. In the next few years I got into Fallout(1 and 2), Might and Magic VI, the Dark Sun games(which they really need to re-make!), and last but not least Daggerfall. I did a little AD&D when I didn't have access to a computer. Does anyone know of any Dark Sun fan projects(or any in the works)?????

count another terrier fan here. but mine have been of the rat and pit bull variety. :)

Last edited:
I'm Malaysian (Where's Singapore?) and born in 1972; a History graduate (Master)but end up as restaurant manager and love all things computer. Addicted to PC games when staying in dormitory and took over my roommate's computer to the first Warcraft game and Wolfenstein 3D. Best RPG = Planescape: Torment; Best Shooter = Halo. Others = Deus Ex, Thief series, Elder Scrolls series, GTA series, etc. Games currently playing = none as i'm too busy - 12 hrs/day and 7 days/week!... need to end this madness!. Luckily i managed to spend couple hours to watch selected Japanese animations during rest hours for entertainment.

Well, I'm 21. non-married for the time being and not planning to do it soon. An aspiring student, right now struggling with Sociology.

I like playing games. Really favorite ones include Geneforge series, Heroes of Might and Magic, Disciples, Arcanum, ToEE, Legacy of Kain series excluding Defiance, Civilization. Overall, I prefer games with interesting story.

I also like watching anime, right now checking out Death Note. My all time favorites are Hellsing, Witch Hunter Robin, Full Metal Alchemist (anyone seen this one would recognize my current avatar), Slayers, Gankutsuou : The Count of Monte Cristo, The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

On the movies front I am not very active, but I liked Kill Bill and Underworld (but not Evolution). Some times find some Latin telenovella entertaining on TV and right now I watch from time to time La mujer en el Espejo (The Woman in the Mirror) and another one but I can't remember the title right now. And I watch TV series, right now following Weeds, Commander in Chief and Boston Legal, but several months ago I really enjoyed the short-lived The Inside

I love the Thraxas books by Martin Scott and everything Discworld. And I've endured the Wheel of Time and the only reason I've not strangled Jordan so far is that we have not met :)

Music I like includes everthing from anime and movie sountracks passing by 90s music to pop-folk.

Last edited:
OK. Between this one and the one in the "post a pic" thread, did someone hijack this guy's account, or what?

I hope it was his twelve year old brother or something ... I'd thought other comments of his were reasonable.

You can always report a post, but we are being much more lenient here than at the dot!! Also, he hasn't crossed the line in any of the forums I'm a mod for!! :)

I have a bio up at the Dot, but there's been a few updates since that was written. I'm a Staff Writer at a private college for geeks and I'm going to Arizona State for my Master's in Journalism. You think that'd help me out as a games journalist, but right now it tends to rob precious game time and creative energy.

Love for RPGs was fed at a young age with the Ultima series and Might and Magic. I like most RPGs in some way, but my favorite game memories probably come from Ultima Underworld, Ultima 4 & 7, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Thief 3, Deus Ex, and Arcanum. I have to thank the guys at RPGDot for introducing me to the incredibly great world of Gothic. I'm currently saving up sick days for NWN2 and G3.

Anyone who has caught the sickness called MySpace, can catch me here:
http://www.myspace.com/trustfundkid
I've tended to be picky on MySpace friends, but anyone who mentions RPGWatch will definitely be added (for as much as that's worth).

I'm going to be doing one of those MySpace things soon. After all, it's free.

Arma, you sound like a very interesting young lady :)

I'm surrounded by Nerds! :D

Nerd here, and proud of it.

I grew up playing the Red box D&D set...actually got it for Christmas if you can believe that. I've also played AD&D, of course, Warhammer, Star Wars, Call of Cthulhu, Rifts, Gamma World, Talislanta, Lejendary Adventures, Harmaster, DC Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes, and others that I cannot think of at the moment.

I love board games as well, mainly Axis and Allies, Risk, plus I have fond memories of all the old mainstays...Stratego, Life, etc.

In that same vein I enjoyed playing Battletech, and Star Fleet Battles when i was younger.

As far as games for the PC go, I enjoy a lot of different things. Heroes of Might and Magic V, Combat Mission (all 3 games), Kohan II, Civilization IV, Pacific Fighters, IL-2 Sturmovik, Freedom Force 2, Vampire: The Masquerade, Temple of Elemental Evil, Half-Life 2, Red Orchestra, Call of Duty 2, Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday, are some of the games I've been playing in the last couple of years. For a while I was on the MMO kick, and played WW2 Online, City of Heroes, and World of Warcraft. The only one I want to play again is WW2 Online.

But, I've played all the old stuff, Bard's Tale, Ultima, Dungeon Master on the Amiga (one of my all time favorites), Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc. I love RPG's, and WW2, as you can tell.

Music...I love all kinds, really. Kyuss is my all time favorite, though, along with COC, Led Zeppelin, Electric Wizard, Misfits, Metallica (Black album and earlier), Meshuggah, Sepultura, Soulfly, The Gathering, Hendrix, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Danzig, Stone Temple Pilots, Monster Magnet, etc. You get the picture.

I also like Big Band music...WW2 theme there, I guess.

As far as movies, I like war, sci-fi, and fantasy, mostly. I just saw Flags of our Fathers yesterday, and anyone interested in that vein of cinema should go see it. It's the best, and most realistic WW2 movie I've seen to date.

My favorites are:
War: Flags of our Fathers
Science Fiction: 2001
Fantasy: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Last edited:
Talislanta
Now that was unexpected. Somebody actually played it? :) I shouldn't talk, we actually played Justifiers, among other exotic RPGs.
Gulshog said:
Red Orchestra
Great game. I was a beta tester for RO when it was relatively new, and when we were doing a gameplay clip for the trailer...
Clip director, hidden in a bush beside a bunker: "Action!"
The Russian team came out of the bunker; the German team started to shoot. The bush wobbled, then the director keeled over.
Me: "Oops. I shot the director."
Teammate: "No Oscar for him, then."

Isn't that called friendly fire!! :)

Hi everyone,

I just turned 34 today actually. I live in the Netherlands and work as a neuropsychologist at a outpatient rehabilitation clinic, working predominantly with people with brain injuries. My girlfriend whom I live with is also a psychologist and she is also into gaming (yes they do exist :), am I a lucky bastard or not?).

My gaming history dates back to the Apple IIe, way back in the early 80's. Besides playing platform games like Lode Runner, Karateka and Frogger I quickly latched on to CRPG's like Wizardry and Ultima. I didn't know that they were RPG's at the time but man, did I have fun with those. A lot of the time I played those without manual and Internet didn't exist then, so when you were stuck, it could be weeks before any progress was made. I always was somewhat of a daydreamer and with graphics that left a lot to the imagination (and I mean that literally) RPG's ignited my fantasy like putting a gallon of gasoline on the family bbq. Then I discovered the Might & Magic series and was completely hooked for a time, actually drawing the total world map of "secrets of the inner sanctum" by hand on math paper. Bard's Tale III followed and then it was onto the PC. At first RPG's were hard to come by so I was stuck with Hero's Quest, later named Quest for Glory because of copyright issues. That rekindled the RPG fire in me. I had to wait till Baldur's Gate (and till I could afford a decent PC that could run the thing, being a student and all) for the next fix. That also introduced me to the world of pnp D&D so I had a kind of reverse evolution in that respect. Now I knew what those kids were playing in the movie ET. I sometimes join a pnp RPG group that uses GURPS as governing rule set.

Planescape:Torment (top favourite), Daggerfall, NWN, GothicI+II, BGII, Fallout, Morrowind, KOTOR I+II are some of my recent favourites. The jury is still out on Oblivion....looking forward to NWN2 and GothicIII. Besides RPG's I like storydriven and "intelligent" FPS like HalfLife 2 and hybrid games like Deus Ex and the occasional sim like CIV and RailRoad Tycoon. I also sometimes play NBA Live to get my bball fix when I'm not on the court myself.

Outside of the computer world I do have some other interests like listening to classical music (rabid J.S. Bach fan) and playing the piano and bass guitar. I like to watch sci-fi series and movies, at the present I'm watching Battlestar Galactica new style and Firefly. And I like medical series like House, ER and especially Grey's Anatomy. I have to watch Desperate Housewives with my girlfriend and we also follow Lost. I just read Lord of the Rings for the 20th time (that probably trumps Gulshog in the department of Nerdiness :) and I own all the special extended DVD editions for which I also bought my widescreen TV and 5.1 surround set. Been visiting www.mvgroup.org a lot for some really good documentaries, hotly recommended. Best book I read this year (besides LOTR): "a short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson. I also enjoy playing board and card games with friends, favorites are Puerto Rico and Texas No Limit Hold'em. Last but not least I like to travel and hike. Best trips were New Zealand, Western US, Canada and Iceland.

I was a frequent lurker at RPGdot and with some of you guys starting RPGwatch I had to come over and check it out. Nice job! Seeing that a lot of you are just RPG fans like me that like to share experiences made me want to go from lurking to posting. So there you have it, and mind you, I'm not known for short posts :)

Welcome. Have you ever tried the System Shock games? I think you'd like them and they should be available cheap!!

... and there are graphics replacement mods that do *wonders* for the look - at least for SS2!

Back
Top Bottom