Fable Legends - Announced as Free to Play

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lionhead announced in a new update that Fable Legends will be Free to Play.

Since starting development on Fable Legends, we’ve had two clear goals in mind. First and foremost, we’re aiming to create an amazing, fun gaming experience for our players. The feedback we’ve had so far from players in our closed beta, fans we’ve met at shows, and the gaming press indicates we’re well on our way to realising our first goal!

Our second goal is to ensure the game we’re working to create is available to as many players as possible. The first step to make that happen came when we announced this year that Fable Legends will be cross-playable on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Today we’re announcing the next huge piece of news that’ll help us reach this goal.
More information.

4 heroes to start with, more coming later, microtransactions like in LoL?
Hahahahahahahahhahahahaahaahha

I'll have to visit League of Legends forums point them to read it and have a laugh with comments.

From what I'm seeing, it's just another fart called a game. The only special thing there, it's an exclusive fart, DX12 exclusive.

So this is like a PvE MOBA with a storyline where you can (have to) pay real money to buy gears for your character and unlock heroes. Basically, Marvel Heroes with another skin.

And it only run on Windows 10 (and XBone).

Not sure really what's the catch.
But it smells like EA's strategy of using Dungeon Keeper name for a pay2win phoneexclusive clone instead of a proper DK sequel. And we know how that ended.

I thought I read somewhere they said everything can be bought with in-game currency. In which case, that's not bad at all, not much different from LoL, which I played extensively for years till my recent switch to Strife. And the gameplay, while not unique, is one that could still be explored. It shows enough promise for me to consider giving it a go on release.

As for DK, I don't know how it ended since I still see it pop up in my news feeds occassionally but as I've said before, when I was playing it the only thing "bad" about it apart from the pricey microtransactions, is the disappointment of not being a true sequel. Still best of the town-defense games I've tried. Certainly better than CoC imho.

How

"Fable Legends", how cute...i wouldn't play it even if it was for free...oh, wait.
And a Windows 10 exclusive? I did not know that OS are only game platforms.

windows 10 exclusive?! Do they really think everyone will jump on the Win10 bandwagon in such numbers they can do this?! Idiots!

And DX12 means 0 for this game. If this was next gen graphics that can only run well with DX12 and a DX12 graphic card I could see it but this? LOL!

And did they just also use the 4v1 word?

Gonna stay away from this one,played the other Fable games but not my cup of tea so to speak..

Another stillborn game...

Why do they keep coming ? Devs seems happy to shove us all kind of F2P, PvP, MOBAs, etc nowadays... Most of them will bite the dust in 24 months or less.

Don't they think this model is quickly, steadily exhausting ? In fact: do they think ?

I don't play neither LoL nor Dota2 nor WoW nor Guild Wars 2 nor others MMOs/MOBAs. I am a single-player male (well, I do play CardHunter :) ), but by reading internet articles/news and such... devs should know by now that is futile competing against the duos LoL/Dota2 and WoW/GW2 without a very good product. Labeling the game with a well-known name such as "Fable" or "Blizzard" (Heroes of Storm) won't bring players nor profits. No one wants another clone of these games, Dota2 and LoL are well-tested and reliable enough, but devs just can't read that.

Blindness, blindness everywhere...

Free to play is a cancer, I want to play a game. If I wanted microtransactions I would play with a video poker machine, at least you have a chance of getting something out of it. If you pay money for "more lives" or "gems" or some cosmetic gimmick you're an idiot of colossal proportions.

Back
Top Bottom