Tides of Numenera - Post-Funding Update # 39

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Honestly mate, there is no point to use an acronym like that. 95% of people don't know what it means. At least with this audience of mostly old school gamers. We are not your young reddit crowd or frequenters of wherever that comes from

Well the quote is straight from the update. So I did not use the acronym.;)

Whoops - my mistake then :) Was some other whippersnappers fault then.

Nice, no posts about the actual update lol.

BTW, I am pretty experienced with Numenera (read the rulebooks, ran two campaigns with at least 10 sessions each) so if anyone has questions about it in connection with TToN I am can answer them from setting and rules point of view.

So… you can increase your odds by lowering your speed. But what impact does that have (outside of combat)? Does it mean that some amount of game time passes?

You spend points from your Speed pool to use Effort. But your total or current speed pool does not represents how fast you are, just how long you can do things that require Effort or special abilities.
Outside of combat you should also be able to use Effort to increase chance of success in any tasks that are somehow connected with speed (stealth, sleight of hand, balance, athletics,...). Although we don't know how TToN is going to handle such things.
I am not sure I understand the time question. Time should be a separate resource from player character pools. From what they said, you will be able to make a shortest rest possible (which restores a bit of spent pool points) and a full rest after that which will restore your pools but advance time and events.

Back
Top Bottom