Grandia II - Coming to Steam in HD

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
According to Gamespot Grandia II is coming to Steam in a remasterd version.

Grandia II for Steam is being remastered using the game's Dreamcast version, which was published in 2000. In addition to an HD visual upgrade, Grandia II on Steam will have both mouse and keyboard and gamepad support as well as Steam achievements and Trading Cards.
Thanks lostforever.

More information.

HD? Controls? Peh.
That game needs only save anywhere option.

If someone ever makes the top 10 game OST of all time, Grandia 2 will make an entry in it. So if digital OST is included with the rerelease, even with bloody saving checkpoints design, I have to recommend buying this game.

I loved my Dreamcast..... Oh, those were the days.

But, even then, I despised JRPGs....

HD? Controls? Peh.
That game needs only save anywhere option.

If someone ever makes the top 10 game OST of all time, Grandia 2 will make an entry in it. So if digital OST is included with the rerelease, even with bloody saving checkpoints design, I have to recommend buying this game.

RCPX0um.gif

Thanks! :)

A GOG release is a candidate for including the OST.
I don't know much about the game, but I remember that the old PC conversion got 80-ish reviews and everybody wrote it's a good game.

Bring it on Dreamcast had some great games it'd be nice to see more get a chance at life again.

It's a great game which is very hard to play at the moment (the old PC version is unplayable and good luck emulating the Dreamcast version, there is also an inferior version on PS2 being ugly as hell and running at 15 FPS). Saving anywhere would be icing on the cake but just being able to play it again is enough for me.

If someone ever makes the top 10 game OST of all time, Grandia 2 will make an entry in it.
Agreed! Iwadare is very underrated.

good luck emulating the Dreamcast version

Grandia II isn't reported as one of the games hard to emulate on the DC. I got it running right quick. I'd still probably buy it on the PC.

I don't recall the Dreamcast having many good games or at least not many that appealed to me. I did purchase one though just to be able to play Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and it was worth every penny for that game alone.

I'll be glad to see this, I'm always up for some classic JRPG action.

That said, I'll take the HD part with a grain of salt. I'm guessing HD will just mean that the game will now be available in 1920x1080 resolution (a la Age of Empires II), rather than any actual graphics touch-ups.

I think I already have it on PC - the er… unremastered version that was badly ported to pc. It seemed like an unremarkable JRPG to me - don't even remember the OST. The first game was more interesting.

I think I already have it on PC - the er… unremastered version that was badly ported to pc. It seemed like an unremarkable JRPG to me - don't even remember the OST. The first game was more interesting.

True, the first game was much more interesting overall, it was about discovery and coming of age. The protagonist of the second is much more bland and the whole "madonna/whore" shtick with the female protagonist was pretty obnoxious.

Good games, but why all these HD re-makes? I can't even tell that they are HD sometimes (eg Homeworld 2).

Aren't they just reboxing an old game to monetize it?

I had a nice time playing this. While parts of the game felt grindy to me, I actually quite liked the way in which the seemingly-generic story became more and more grand. I might play this again, if the HD-aspects are interesting.

Back
Top Bottom