Watchtower Logo

It reminds of the gun tower from silent strm actually.

Daniel.

Perfect!

sauron-eye-214.jpg

The current watchtower makes me immediately think of the orcish towers in Warcraft II/III. It's not so bad, but the ones with the gray background on the front page could use a recoloring to make it look more like the logo at the top of the page. The highlight around the black lines makes it look more distinct.

I like the logo quite a bit. For one, it is unique, and it goes with the theme of RPGWatch.

While looking at it, it reminds me about the old game, which i loved to play a lot, couple years ago. The game was Vikings: Fields of Conquest(Kingdoms of england II @ Amigas) by Brian Vodnik, it was a light stradergy game and there were tower outposts to build up :) So, i think the logo is perfect.

'Concentration camp' came to my mind as well. Not a positive association, in my opinion. It seems a bt too futuristic for an RPG site as well...

I can understand the 'clean line' argument, but personally I would have gone for something more fantasy-like with a positive association (A lute maybe? For a bard, who is associated with bringing the latest news and being impartial...).

But that is just my opinion, if our gracious hosts are happy with the dsign, then that is all that matters ;)

I can't believe I missed this thread, or, should I say, it's inception.
"Concentration camp," aye? Yeah, I can see that. Of course, I can also see the watchtower side of things (like another poster herein, my first thought was of a forest observation tower, to prevent fires and so forth).
I hope you guys don't mind my presumption, but I quickly threw together a concept logo to replace the current one, should you so desire:

RWp1.png

I have another concept using a radio-tower, but I thought you'd prefer to see this first (not that you actually wanted to see anything) as it fits the "more medieval" trend so many posters were clamoring for.
What do you think?

Cool booyah_boy, I like it a lot! I agree with Danicek that changing the background to make it match the site better would be a good thing.

Decidedly phallic at the moment, booyah, but certainly has promise.

Decidedly phallic at the moment, booyah, but certainly has promise.

I could really, really say something qutie halarious right here and I'm splitting my own sides in laughter, but it's probably a little too colorful...

Anyhoo.. I think maybe if the top tower was a turret with crenellations instead of a pointed roof it would tone down the phallic impression.

Incedentally I am seriously concerned with the subliminal messages the people haunting these forums see in different logos/objects. Concentration camps, Forest fires, now phallic symbols... I bet the ink blot test would render some interesting results from some of us!

I'm only mildly crazy, thank you very much. I, on the other hand, am a few bricks shy.

I'm no artist but I do like that a lot. Er...less the phallic tip. If you can make it crenellated or something and change the background (probably just white) , I'd love to hear what the rest of the team have to say.

Can you replace RPGwatch with roqua and make that my avatar? If not, I like it and think it would be a good site logo.

I like it. I like it, too.

Back
Top Bottom