Frayed Knights - Have I Been Scammed?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Rampant Coyote talks about something more serious, and it's a constant problem on the internet. The post this week is about YouTube scammers, and surveys for money.

I guess I should quit holding my breath for all those YouTube Let’s Play videos of Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon now…

Turns out the majority of them were scammers, and my cursory investigations (especially for foreign language accounts) wouldn’t have exposed ‘em.

How to Get Every Game on STEAM for Free

Le Sigh.

That’s a big problem – trying to handle a game launch AND trying to not piss off the legitimate reviewers / youtubers while weeding out the scammers… it’s a lot of work.
More information.

Horrible.

I don't know what to say.

Greed is a very big thing with people nowadays, it seems.

Sounds like there's a need for some type of middleman authentication service, much like Paypal provided for Ebay. Too much scumbaggery in the world.

Yeah. Games are dirt cheap these days anyways.

It would never occur to me to acquire a key like this. As for watching other people play a video game, that's a concept that totally annoyed the bejezzus out of me in the 70's and early 80's. Kinda like watching someone else eat food while you are starving.

It would never occur to me to acquire a key like this. As for watching other people play a video game, that's a concept that totally annoyed the bejezzus out of me in the 70's and early 80's. Kinda like watching someone else eat food while you are starving.

I watch "Let's Play" videos frequently. I find it is a much better way of figuring out if a game is worth it for me than any review out there (especially Meta-critic). Also, for complex games like Paradox strategy games it helps a lot.

Let's Plays can be fun. You can check out a game and see what it's like, and even get really engrossed in the player's journey through the game. Some of them are funny, too, and others are quite interesting. They can be informative as well and help you that way.

The only Let's Play I ever liked was Spoony's Phantasmagoria 2 one, but I think it's mostly because of the game's hilariously bad nature that made it the perfect fit for a video deconstruction.

I think it is almost a necessity to watch let's plays for crusader kings and Europa universalis.
Those games are way too hard using only the tutorials....
Quill18 and arumba are the best youtubers I have found for those games.

A good but slow RPG player is zemalf.

He goes through everything in lots of details which makes it slow but very interesting to figure out a game.

He got me to buy dishonoured ...

Back
Top Bottom