Blizzard - Another Game Near

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'll give 3:1 odds it's Diablo 3.

I wouldn't be quite so confident about Diablo III. I'd say the odds are Diablo III 29% vs WoW Expansion #2 71% :) .

Re: Diablo III
I doubt it will be first person. Possibly 3rd person in the same vein as WoW.
And I'm betting it will be get slightly cartoonish 3d gfx like they've given Starcraft, Warcraft, and WoW.

It will most likely be an MMO project, whether WoW add-on 2 or a new MMO. As far as I know there have been many job offerings for MMO developers at Blizzard, and I doubt all these jobs are all focused around making future patches for WoW. Also, "beat keys" certainly sounds very much like MMO betatesting, since you then often download the game and activate through a key.

Diablo II had a public beta test as well.

I am praying for another Diablo.

The Diablo II ladder season is restarting on June 26th too. It is probably just coincidence but...

I wouldn't be quite so confident about Diablo III. I'd say the odds are Diablo III 29% vs WoW Expansion #2 71% :) .
My guess heavily leans on that WoW expansion. It's just the twist of words to say that an expansion is a new game (or rather a new product). Blizzard has intentions to create more expansions for WoW, that much is certain from past interviews. Before Burning Crusade was released I recall they said something like how they would like to release an expansion per yer in future.

Yeah, it will most likely be a WOW expansion, although I'd rather have a Diablo 3. And if it is indeed Diablo 3 then it should be like the first two games and not a WOW clone (read: third person view, combat system, etc).

I hope it will be diablo 3, just reinstalled 2 to play multiplayer. I forget how much fun it could be, no high RPG values but just a fun hack and slash to play.
Besides, isn't it time for a new hack and slash that knows how it needs to be done?

I'm betting this will be something MMORPG related. As much money as they've made on WOW I just can't see them not having something on-line in the works.

I'd rather see Diablo III, tho.

Any chance it could be a new IP? A new Diablo wouldn't make me unhappy, but something different could be nice than another sequel or expansion.

A new property is possible of course. I just can't see the people in charge of the bottom line taking risks when they have 3 franchises that have made more money than small nations.

A new property is possible of course. I just can't see the people in charge of the bottom line taking risks when they have 3 franchises that have made more money than small nations.

Possible, but I don't know if it's likely before Diablo 3. Like you said, they have good properties, and it's a good idea to milk out Diablo first. But they also have enough creative people left to make a new franchise, possibly, maybe a SciFi version of Diablo?

An expansion to WoW is very likely. Another MMO is possible, but slightly less likely, 'cause the investment cost of MMOs is also astronomical.

I'll bet ten bucks it's actually Fallout Online.

(just kidding)

WoW add-on #2.

that would be my bet 2, but I hope d3 or another franchise

it's gonna be new baldur's gate... great story and character development, beautiful graphics, great game mechanics... just kidding of course.

blizzard used to make revolutions (or rather evolutions) with their games... now, they're just making sequels and expansions. they've really helped rts, hack & slash and mmo genres develop, so i hope they'll do the same thing with adventures of rpgs now. although, that probably won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom