Might & Magic X - The Barbarian and More Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The open development blog for Might & Magic X has a few more updates. Up first they released more info about a another class in the game called the Barbarian.

book-barbarian.jpg

The Barbarian deals the most melee damage with melee weapons, and favors using two-handed weapons or two weapons at once. Therefore he prefers the mace or axe. But his life is rather low, he is not particularly good at evading, and to make things even worse, he has no idea of how to use a shield. Anyway, he’s capable of redirecting damage.

Warmonger

The Advanced Class of the Barbarian

As already written in our previous Part 1: Character classes and races posting, the advanced class can be unlocked by a quest or NPC and gives you access to the Grand Master tiers. The character then benefits from special features of the Advanced Class, i.e. improves the character with additional attribute points and additional resistances.

Besides each character gets a special ability depending on its class:

Why would you want the Barbarian in your party?

There is no other class, who is that good in fighting with two-handed weapons and especially with maces. So if you like to play a hero who is a powerful and stout melee damage dealer, you may not want to miss the Barbarian in your party.
And lets not forget the Q&A.

“I believe I missed something, but is it correct that not every class can reach grandmaster level in every skill?

Yes that’s correct. So you might want to choose wisely, which party members you want to take with you on your adventurous trip.

“What i liked in Might&Magic and HoMM series is huge creature variety (50+ for certain). Can you tell us approximately how many do you plan in this sequel?”

I think it is safe to say, that we’ll have about 50+ creatures in MMX, too!

More information.

Yes the more monsters the better. My one complaint with the Elder Scrolls, is there just isn't that much monster variation.

this game looks more and more promising by the week

Back
Top Bottom