Impact 40
Missiles 35

Skills
Strong swordfighter
All trophies and silent hunter
Prospector
Hone Blade
Difficult lockpicking

I've met the lord of Cape Dun, Montera and Silden. Finished most quests in those cities too. Heading back to Geldern and then Trelis again.

Are you having any problems with fights?
Can you defeat at least one troll?
Can you deal with large masses of Orcs/humans(for example:The renegade mercenary Ivan and his crew or liberate a town)

I'm a bit concerned about fighter builds cause I'm close to your level and I'm feeling like I'm playing God Mode(pure mage).

One on one fights are a real ease, I still have light merc armour though.
Two on one depends on the opponents. I can usually beat several orcs if I plan accordingly, like line them up.
Otherwise humans/orcs, I try to lure them one by one or maybe two by two towards me. I usually do get hit a few times so I need to heal.
I don't make use of scrolls for some reason, even though I have plenty and they would probably help me a lot. (I tried the open locks scroll and it didn't work for some reason though)

I haven't fought trolls yet and I forgot where the ones I saw were, so until I see them again, I have no idea.
I'm not liberating any towns, but like I said, as long as there aren't too many of them against me at the same time, they're quite easy. My difficulty is on Medium with Alternative AI, so I get two people against me who can block my attacks, which is quite nice to see and fight against. Well, when I'm fighting and they're blocking, it's not so nice, but that they can actually block and fight properly is.
Ivan was actually quite easy for some reason, I did it like quite a while ago when I was looking for the gold/sulphur mines (I just found the sulphur mine now, I'll be looking for the gold one soon)

I do reload once in a while when I can't get just two or three people against me, or like 2 or three snappers, or 5 wolves. Well whenever animals surround me, I'm usually doomed. Since people are limited to just two attacking me at once, it's easier.

How's your game going and how far are you ? Like which cities have you visited/liberated ... ?

How's your game going and how far are you ? Like which cities have you visited/liberated ... ?
In the beginning I invested some points in thieving skills and hunting(for the trophies) but then I invested everything in AK.This is like my 5th playthrough but I really wanted to see the new AI and Balance.
I traveled to every place that had some easy AK , swimming my way to varant and jumping from Silden all the way to the monastery(literally jumping , I got to the monastery from the roof).
It was pretty hard in the beginning as my only friend was the quarterstaff and the Orc slayer.
Got mana regeneration @ lvl 22 and ever since my only problem is running out of mana.
I think I'm around 32 now and I can easily take 2-3 trolls or 5 ogres.I've even tried to fight the orcs outside Vengard but I didn't succeed because of some wrong planning.
I don't really care about most quests as I just admire the scenery traveling on foot from the Monastery all the way to Mora Sul.
I'm pretty sure I can liberate most towns in Myrtana as an Orc elite is just 2-3 hits away from his grave.
As a mage I kill most enemy before they reach me so animals aren't a problem.

Have you decided what type of meele fighting you'll follow,two handed swords or shields?

Still just fighting one handed for now since it's the best weapon I've found (Wenzel's Sword, blessed and honed and long). Depending on the items I find when I go to the Deserts, I'll probably choose then. Since I have transporter stones for most places, I just jump around them a bit. Don't walk too much. I'll probably have to walk to Trelis and Okara after I do some Geldern quests though since I don't have teleporter stones for them.

I don't think I can kill as easily as you can though. I think that it's probably a lot harder until I get the better armour, but I need 25 reputation points for that and I'm at 18-19 for now. Hopefully, I'll have it when I get to finish some more Geldern quests.

By the way, what monastery are you talking about ?

This is my first real playthrough, so I'm discovering the whole world still. Like I said before, the only thing I don't like doing is searching for one single item in every single place.

I think the Fire Chalices are quite important, but I've only managed to get 4 for now. I really like playing the orc merc role as I usually play the do-gooder in games. It's fun to watch an option that isn't just EVIL, but has like a non-good to it.
Usually it's either, "I'll do whatever you want and you don't even have to reward me" or "I'll murder your entire family if you don't give me all your money and posessions" ...

So I really like this aspect ...

What route have you taken ?

Also, do you use transformation spells a lot ? I don't see any use for them really. I used my ripperbeast stone once to kill some bloodflies a long time ago, but other than that ... ?

I'm still trying to get that improved armour skill, I think that i might have changed from without AB, because I needed Hone Blade too as a prerequisite as well as 60 smithing skill.

I don't know who had told me about the hunting skills, but they also required silent hunter and were a tad more expensive.

I was wondering how many skins of animals I need to keep, because I have like 25 wolf skins, 30 lurker skins, lots of claws and so on ...

I also found out a better way to steal. Instead of going like a mad person and stealing everything in town, I'm just stealing the most valuable pieces, this way I don't even get up to the first warning and it seems more real too. You don't have thieves going around stealing a bottle of water. You do have thieves stealing jewellery and other expensive items. So, now I'm only stealing expensive scrolls, jewellery and quest related items. Makes it more fun. I don't even steal the lockpicks as they don't cost much, but they do count a lot towards the 30% limit ...

I don't think I can kill as easily as you can though. I think that it's probably a lot harder until I get the better armour, but I need 25 reputation points for that and I'm at 18-19 for now. Hopefully, I'll have it when I get to finish some more Geldern quests.
What reputation Orc or Rebel?
If it's rebel head straight to Okara as there is about 5 really easy points to get without having to go against the orcs.
By the way, what monastery are you talking about ?
Just look at the map,it's far away in Nordmar

What route have you taken ?
Dunno,probably the middle one,harm none who doesn't deserve it and help none unless there is something to gain.
Also, do you use transformation spells a lot ?
No absolutely not,for some reason the animal you transform to is much weaker than it's real life equivalent.
I once tried to fight Ripper beast vs Ripper beast and my hits were 50% weaker.
The only time I used transformation spells/potions was during my 1st playthrough when I wanted to get through Nordmar,for some reason Orcs wouldn't attack bloodflies and that made my life easier but that was before patch 1.12 so maybe this was a bug.

I was wondering how many skins of animals I need to keep, because I have like 25 wolf skins, 30 lurker skins, lots of claws and so on ...
Unless you're in real need for money keep everything you find because there are quests for most of the things.I think the only quest connected to wolf pelts is in Faring so if you have completed you can freely sell them.

If you want money I recommend you check self forged Bastard Swords as they cost 4k each and I think they are easy to make.

Nope , but I could :p
The mage wikki is a bit outdated but it's practically the same with with Altenative balancing just requires a bit more struggle.

If you want to find Okara there is a guy in one of the farms in Montera who is willing to take you.

Yeah, I know, I also have a guy in Silden ready to bring me to the Pass, but I want to finish Geldern and Trelis first, then head to Okara and then maybe Gotha. After the central part, I want to go South.

If you want money I recommend you check self forged Bastard Swords as they cost 4k each and I think they are easy to make.[/QUOTE]

I tried selling forged weapons but they don't even show up as an item you can sell when talking to merchants.

Well that's totally up to you,before the CP1.7 it was worth it because I was cheap but now I'm not really sure besides some armors have one of these perks as bonus.
Endurance of a wolf is totally worth it but I'm not sure about resistances.

Another question. Next to Geldern I found the ruin with the Dragon, Nemrock said there should be a relic or artefact there, but I didn't find it. any idea where it is ?
I also don't know where the other 2 or 3 alchemists' rings are...?

The relic is on the mountain which is behind the mine you kill the wolves.You'll find your way up there once you see a couple of trolls near the river,the artifact is a ruin infested by shadowbeasts.

Alchemist rings location:
At Peratur on the desk.
At Renwik on the alchemy-table.
At Marius on the bookrest.
At the shamanes on the bookrest.
At the locked house next to the northgate (on the bookrest).
At the house of Gunock on the weapons-desk.
Above the tavern in a cupboard.
attachment.php

Then you'll have to do with the list :p

I haven't been playing so much lately, but I think I'm going to go to Varant now. Most quests in Nemora and Okara aren't so easy to do yet and I think there'll be plenty of experience in Varant, so I can get some more levels and get some better skills, weapons and a nice new deserty experience.

I'm level 30 I think now. Getting more levels is quite hard and I can't really beat much melee, like you said Kostaz, I think the mage path is much easier if it is how you're describing it.

I only manage to kill things that can't get too much health away from me in one hit and/or they're not in a pack. Like several wolves actually still are a problem. I've finally met some undead now and they aren't too much of a problem, one or two at a time but if there are a lot of them I get hack & slashed in a jiffy.

I might try playing as a mage if I play this game again.

I've also talked to Grok in Geldern and he wants the fire chalices too. Am I right in assuming that giving him the fire chalices instead of the fire mages in Nordmar would advance the story in a different way ? And it would most probably be more in my orc's mercenary's path ?

See you guys :)

I'm sorry that the CP couldn't make the fighter path as it should be but seems it's better than it was.
My advice would be to invest some points in health,if you haven't already done so.
And it would most probably be more in my orc's mercenary's path ?
Yup that's certainly in the path you'd like to follow,and don't worry giving the chalices to the "good guys" isn't really rewarding or different,you just get 1 more quest.

For some reason, I do like it this way. Being a fighter is challenging and rewarding.
I can't just go and kill everything so easily. I need to have good armour, weapons and strength. I think it is also more logical that I can kill people more easily than a giant monster and so on... I'm also trying to get the Orc Merc armour or maybe the Hashishin armour instead, depending on what I can get earlier. I don't like the rebel's armour though, it seems quite weak.

I'm finally in Varant, Braga.
I might have made a mistake, but I'm not sure. The guy sent me to kill a nomad leader, but I instead befriended him. I assume I can kill the leader later and still get the quest done :)

I'm playing mercenary this time, so I'm not trying to be too close with the nomads, they seem like the righteous ones, since the Mages are with them.

I have 40 LPs to spend now. Don't know on what yet. Might take some healt like you suggested, but it seems like a waste for some reason. 20HP doesn't mean a lot in this game. 5LP does mean a great deal. Can learn some good skill, alchemy, smithing....

I'm not good at making these choices. Still fighting one handed though since it's the best weapon I've got. Wenzel's sword is doing 100 damage, better than anything else I've found so far.

See you.

Back
Top Bottom