Divinity 2 Torches or Light spell?

oliverh72

Watchdog
Hi all,

I just tried out the DKS demo on my 360 and like it a lot. Good thing too, since I've got it preordered. :p

Anyway, I noticed already in the miller's basement that the dungeons are going to be pretty dark. I don't mind that too much, but I was wondering if there's any possibility of finding a torch that you can equip or even a light spell? Or is that why there's a brightness slider in the options?

TIA...

Oliver

Nobody knows?

I'm currently at level 9, about to ding 10 in and around Lovis' tower and so far, no torches or light-emitting gear. So I'm guessing the answer is no, which is a pity. It looks like I'm stuck with the settings slider. Boo. Those dungeons get really, really dark. I like the ambiance of it all, but to have to run around holding my enemy lock button because I can't see the enemies is a bit of a bummer.

There are no torches or Light spells oliverh but I have to tell you that I have never experienced any problems with light levels in dungeons. Also, when you approach door/wall/object, it becomes brighter so you shouldn't miss anything. But, after saying all that, my wife used slider to up her light levels so not everybody is happy with defaults.

I just wish they had ramped up the brightness indoors by about 10-15%, which is what I've done in my settings - my gamma is at 60% as opposed to the default 50. It makes everything outdoors look slightly washed out, but oh well. It's still really great - but it would have been nice to have an enchantment on armor or weapons to offer more light; many games do this (NWN, for instance).

Back
Top Bottom