Mass Effect 2 - Teaser Trailer

That tease is....

Now I want to know more. Pretty please. :biggrin:

Well, the teaser certainly did the job well - now I want to know more: Killed in action? I suspect he/she is not, but the galaxy probably believes Shepard lost, only to be shocked by his/her triumphant return!

Or something along those lines. I hope we get to know more soon, as I'm itching to continue to the story of ME. Not enough sci-fi RPGs out there to satisfy my hunger for space adventure, so ME2 is pretty much my best bet right now.

Level one once again then?

Spoilers:

Commander Shepard is severely injured and rendered amnesiac (thus resetting him/her to level 1! The trip to the nearest medical station also stripped the illustrious space marine of all equipment). He/she must recover his/her memories with the help of Basti... Aribe... oh hell, I meant Liara. Who's now a blue ghost, you understand, waiting for her beloved in Death's halls. Embrace eternity!

Shepard will also most likely wake up in some sort of healing tank (but was mistaken or left for dead) and the first companion will be a floating spherical alien or robot that attacks enemies with its teeth.

Yes, you can import your save games, and the consequences of your actions in ME1 will be experienced in ME2 (i.e if you kill someone in ME1, they won't reappear in ME2).

Essaliad, you are referring to KotOR2, which was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, not BioWare. The last time BioWare did a sequel was Baldur's Gate, and the hero started with all his experience points, spells and abilities in BG2. BioWare has yet to use the amnesia element in any of their games.

Essaliad, you are referring to KotOR2, which was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, not BioWare. The last time BioWare did a sequel was Baldur's Gate, and the hero started with all his experience points, spells and abilities in BG2. BioWare has yet to use the amnesia element in any of their games.

Did you know of this obscure game by Bioware called Knights of the Old Republic? Where the protagonist suffers from amnesia and is mind-linked to a certain Aribeth clone? No? Sorry if I spoiled it for you. :(

Oh no, man, no dead and reset again. ;) Havent we gone through that often enough now, lol? Kinda like Planescape Torment... every time I forget everything and start over again. *__*

Still, cant wait to see how it continues! ^^

Revan was knocked out by the blast from Malaks ship, but he never suffered from amnesia. He was brain washed by the Jedi Council to fit a new identity, one that would serve the Council. To me, that makes it quite a bit more interesting than "ops, knocked in the head and forgot everything".

Also, it was never done to reset levels or anything like that. There's nothing in KotOR preventing a perfectly normal start, as a standard person with a standard past, and then become a Jedi. It's done as a vital part of the storyline, to create the twist about 2/3 into the game (a very good twist, I might add, one that made my jaw drop - "the main character is WHO?!?").

And another thing - they've never done anything similar before or after, and with only one such story, I find it very hard to believe that you happen to see a pattern. It's impossible for anyone to see patterns where there's only one variable (i.e what's the next in line: 1... ).

The "Aribeth character" will probably be present though, as this (unlike the memory loss thing) is definetly a pattern.

Edit: As for what's going to happen in ME2 - my guess is close to what JDR suggested: That you play a different character, with a different point of view on the whole conflict in the galaxy, but with Shepard in an important role. Would be fun if we could load the savegames from ME1, and then meet that character later on in ME2 as a badass commander (with the same looks, skills, armor, weapons etc). And then, in ME3 (which has been announced), we can play two story lines, depending on whether we want to play the character from ME1 or 2 through 3 (like in the 2nd Spellforce addon, where you select what character to start with, either the guy from the original story, or the 1st addon - really increased the replay value in my opinion).

I really want to see more games with similar features. Too bad we won't be seeing more Spellforce anytime soon.

Last edited:
Can't wait to play this. Loved the first one, and I'm sure Bioware will make the side-planets and side quests feel far less bland.

My guess is that the search for Shepard becomes a big part of the game with you searching for his former associates (and maybe see even a child running around in the homes of whomever you slept with in the first game). Perhaps a bit of the "You're messing up my plans you dumb rookie!" will come into play. :)

Glad to Cerberus is back in a bigger way since I loved the shadow operatives feeling of the group in the first game, and hope you have a much bigger involvement with them in the second.

Looking forward to this. Thought ME was good for what it was, a shooter with RPG elements. With a great story.

I just hope they will improve on some things. Like better sidequests/planets. Were to generic.
And I really missed some sort of civilization beside the Citadel. You have so many races and hear so much lore about the other races that it would be nice to see their cities or planets.

Uh, KOTOR much? The whole point of the story was that you, the hero, are amnesiac, and the big shocker is when you discover who you actually are.

I have to agree with Maylander here. The protagonist in KotOR didn't have "amnesia" in the typical sense. He had been......
captured and reprogrammed by the Jedi Council.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but it's not the same thing to me.

I just hope they will improve on some things. Like better sidequests/planets. Were to generic.
And I really missed some sort of civilization beside the Citadel. You have so many races and hear so much lore about the other races that it would be nice to see their cities or planets.

Absolutely. Also, more detailed indoor environments would help. And maybe it's just me, but riding/fighting in MAKO felt like playing an arcade game on an old console in a bar on a far-away planet ;).

Back
Top Bottom