The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Came a ross this artist yeasterday: Eivør Pálsdottir, She's from the Faroe Islands and quite often sings in the Faroe language. Like in this song: Trøllabundin (Spellbound in English):

pibbur who finds the way she's using her voice intriguing.

Last edited:
I come up empty sometimes, but the breadth of Youtube is definitely impressive. Here's an example of a tune that was missing for a long time. Apparently someone put up the entire cd recently. Please forward to 11:18 for the track in question:
"Sparkle" by The Rosemarys

Big bonus points for anyone that can id the female guest vocalist without cheating. She's got a fairly unique voice, so I don't think that's an impossible question.

This song embodies lots of things I like in music- the jangly chording, the active bassline, vocal harmonies, lots of wash on the whole thing.

Big bonus points for anyone that can id the female guest vocalist without cheating. She's got a fairly unique voice, so I don't think that's an impossible question.

I honestly didn't have a clue who the guest singer was, but for some reason the first name that came to mind was Cyndi Lauper. I was pretty sure that wasn't it though, so I looked it up, and sure enough I was wrong lol. Never heard it, but great song!

Not a clue, but I'm curious. Her voice doesn't stand out enough vs the music and other vocals.

Got tickets to see Collective Soul at Irving Plaza in New York City in October. They are one of those band that you know alot of songs by, but don't really think about until you hear them. Very underrated band

Back
Top Bottom