World of Tanks coming

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!
http://worldoftanks.com/

Don't know if anyone's posted about this yet. It's an upcoming MMO based on tank combat. Seems like they're putting in a ton of different AFV's, and not just battle tanks but tank destroyers and SP Guns as well. It's an MMORPG, though I doubt the RPG elements will be very heavy.

Still looks good, and if the system reqs come in low enough, I'll check it out. I love WWII, and wouldn't mind some blowing things up every so often.

http://worldoftanks.com/

Don't know if anyone's posted about this yet. It's an upcoming MMO based on tank combat. Seems like they're putting in a ton of different AFV's, and not just battle tanks but tank destroyers and SP Guns as well. It's an MMORPG, though I doubt the RPG elements will be very heavy.

Still looks good, and if the system reqs come in low enough, I'll check it out. I love WWII, and wouldn't mind some blowing things up every so often.

did you ever play WW2 online?

No, IIRC that was pay-to-play, and I don't do those. Not paying $15/mo to play a game I've already paid $20+ for. I like DDO's method; f2P, but you can buy additional content such as dungeons, races, and classes. But you don't have to buy anything to play, and unlike most f2p, you're not gimped by not buying the uber equipment for sale on the store.

WoT is apparently F2P, so it's on my radar screen. If that turns out wrong, then it's off just as fast.

Free-to-play sounds good to me. Well, it won't hurt to try it

MMO tanks is something new. The trailer is Lol, thanks, guys.

The teaser is hilarious, but when do we get to c the actual gameplay trailer??? Anyone?

You can search youtube. I think there's something there...

No, IIRC that was pay-to-play, and I don't do those. Not paying $15/mo to play a game I've already paid $20+ for. I like DDO's method; f2P, but you can buy additional content such as dungeons, races, and classes. But you don't have to buy anything to play, and unlike most f2p, you're not gimped by not buying the uber equipment for sale on the store.

WoT is apparently F2P, so it's on my radar screen. If that turns out wrong, then it's off just as fast.

We're the opposite in that aspect. I will NOT play free to play MMOs. I prefer paying $13-$15/month, that alone weeds out probably 95% of the 12 year olds away.

We're the opposite in that aspect. I will NOT play free to play MMOs. I prefer paying $13-$15/month, that alone weeds out probably 95% of the 12 year olds away.

Well to be fair most f2p games suck, to put it nicely. EUO was decent, though very niche and with a smaller community. DDO came off a pay to play model, a failing one, so its quests were a bit stronger in comparison. U5 has taken that one a turn for the worst however.

So far WoT is pretty fun.

Back
Top Bottom