WoW - Suffers More Losses

That scares the crap out me and it looks like it will be since we keep hearing the cloud is the future from publishers now.:wall:
You play games from publishers? There's your problem right there!

I'll never cease to be amazed that this game was ever more popular than EQ2. People must love games with absolutely no challenge to them.
Raiding at the highest difficulty level has quite a bit of challenge. A lot moreso now than during classic WoW, even. But pretty much nothing else in the game does.

You play games from publishers? There's your problem right there!
They fund the majority of games so developers have to do what they say. Crowd-funding has not replaced them completely, and put power back into the developers hand yet. ;)

Really the one thing that WoW has gotten really good at is having challenging content for players of all skill levels. It doesn't matter if your a casual player or in the top 0.01%, there are challenges specifically designed for your skill levels. Skill levels vary so much though, that what is easy for one person is impossible for another, even if they might both consider themselves good players. There is just so much difference between a player who is merely good, and one who is among the best on his continent.

Anyway I really enjoyed WoW, but by now I've been playing the same game for 9 years (or however long) and it's been enough. The problem isn't any kind of imaginary dumbing down of the game, the problem is that there is only so long you can play the same game.

Raiding at the highest difficulty level has quite a bit of challenge. A lot moreso now than during classic WoW, even. But pretty much nothing else in the game does.

All true. I think the problem most people have is that the same "content" is re-used for the easiest and hardest levels. Take raids for example. You can beat them with no effort or organization whatsoever on the easiest difficulty level today. It makes it somewhat less "prestigious" to spend the massive amounts of time and work necessary to beat them on the highest level.

Yeah I must admit I wasn't a huge fan of having 6 versions of the same dungeon (10/25 in both easy/medium/hard) myself. It wasn't the prestige I cared about as much as just the variety.

All true. I think the problem most people have is that the same "content" is re-used for the easiest and hardest levels. Take raids for example. You can beat them with no effort or organization whatsoever on the easiest difficulty level today. It makes it somewhat less "prestigious" to spend the massive amounts of time and work necessary to beat them on the highest level.

I'm sure the Free To Play craze was a huge factor, but this talk of the "critically acclaimed" Mists of Pandaria with its "rave reviews" somewhat irks me. Because I know several people, myself included, who probably would have gone back to WoW for a little while if the expansion had been the least bit interesting. But… pandas? They made the joke race playable, for both factions? No thanks, I've got plenty of other games to play.

At the time of the release I was wondering if the 'cute' Panda was an attempt by marketing to attract the young female gamer into the market. Then their trailers attempted to show it as some sort of martial arts killing machine. Kind of a mixed message all around.

errr.... you really didn't know that MoP was aimed at Asian market? I thought Blizzard was quite open about that.

Back
Top Bottom