Van Helsing - Complete Pack

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
NeoCore released a new trailer announcing a Complete Pack for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing with a release date of November 20th on Steam.

Van Helsing I: Complete Pack Coming November 20th to Steam!

Play the game with three different classes and use Katarina's deadly skills to decimate your enemies. All wrapped together in one complete pack.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is a real-time Action RPG filled with fierce and demonic battles, memorable characters, and a refreshingly unique story loosely based on Bram Stoker's classic novel Dracula.
More information.

I've never played this game.

With a great H&S game like Path Of Exile out, and Grim Dawn coming, I always felt like "Why would I want to play this one?". Did anyone play this and can recommend it (or advice against it)?

I din't get any of the DLCs cause I couldn't finish the game. Found the combat boring and repetitive.

With a great H&S game like Path Of Exile out, and Grim Dawn coming, I always felt like "Why would I want to play this one?". Did anyone play this and can recommend it (or advice against it)?

I would say skip it, except for amusing dialogs between protagonists(and well voice acted) this is pretty much inferior clone of Torchlight II(which is not great game to begin with).With content patch for Path of exile coming this month there is no reason to get this now.

I liked this game more than Torchlight, so I say don't skip it.
However, I can only suggest buying the core game. I didn't buy DLC nor will, I see no point of those DLC and somehow they should learn that fans don't want DLC but the sequel.

A demo version will be released on the 20th of November, so you will have a chance to try it out. :)

I liked this game more than Torchlight, so I say don't skip it.
However, I can only suggest buying the core game. I didn't buy DLC nor will, I see no point of those DLC and somehow they should learn that fans don't want DLC but the sequel.
Episode two is being made Joxer they just haven't given a release date yet.

Anyway their just the latest developer to jump on the excessive dlc train. It's the trend nowadays it seems. If everyone was smart they should wait for all three episodes, and every dlc on the ultimate package.:)

Last edited:
I'm aware that if you want to milk with a singleplayer nonphonegame game you have to spam DLC as you don't have microtransactions luxury.
Still, I suggest not buying the "complete" version here, but only the vanilla version. VH DLC here are not of FO:NV size or quality. Of course, if someone believes horse armor was worth every penny, must buy DLC here too.

I had great fun with it for a few hours. After that, it became terribly repetitive, and the scenarios tended to lack imaginative design. On harder levels, the default strategy was just to run in circles shooting at corralled enemies; it was the epitome of bland AI.
The art and animation was pretty nice...though nothing to crow about. Didn't seem that it would've been a terribly long game, though I grew so bored that I never finished it.

I enjoyed it quit a bit. The dialogue was funny and the tower defense of your lair was unique and fun. I'm not certain how this could be any more repetitive than any other ARPG since all of them are click fests and loot fests. This seemed no different than most in that area. You only got 2 classes in the base game and 2 more in the DLC's but the game was only $15 and you could easily find it on sale for much less. The DLC for your companion though was very important. Without it, she just could not tank if you played a ranged character. But with it you could add both attack and hit points that made her a real tank.

I'm looking forward to the sequel and plan to buy it.

I have it and all the dlc. Haven't finished it with all the arpg goodness I've been overloaded with lately, but I've enjoyed it greatly so far and look forward to playing it more when I have the time.

Then again, they don't cost what FO:NV DLC cost either, so your comparison is more than a bit unfair.

Erm... FO:NV with all 4 DLC now usually costs 5 bucks. Almost every day you can find it on sale. Dunno what's unfair really.

By the time this gets as old and FNV is it will probably be $2 for the collection but at the time the dlc was coming out for FNV it was more expensive then the dlc for this game.

Erm… FO:NV with all 4 DLC now usually costs 5 bucks. Almost every day you can find it on sale. Dunno what's unfair really.

Duh, it's unfair because now you are comparing the price of DLC that have been out for a couple ofl years and have seen price drops vs. just relatively new DLC. The FO:NV DLC were much more than the VH DLC at release, and I suspect in a couple of years, the VH DLC will be much cheaper than the FO:NV DLC are now. Surely you can understand this.

Back
Top Bottom