Dragon Age - Toolset Released

I am very interested to see what will be done with this set. There were some very good NWN stuff released from the public. This has great potential.

Definitely interested in this - hopefully we see soem great stuff!

That's great,there will be quality stuff in less than a month.
Still waiting for Risen's toolset though :/

I just hope some of the wonderful modders from NWN 1&2 jump all over this. If its user-friendly enough we might see some really good work. I'd love to see some stuff done by the guy who did the Pool of Radiance Remastered or something from the Tortured Hearts guy.

From what I have read this toolset is going to be better then the NWN toolset. I like that you can add content to the original game so you don't have to import or make new characters for every mod like in NWN and NWN 2. One thing I am wondering is if since you can add new content to the default game can you change things that are already there. An example is when you have to go for your test to become a Grey Warden the rogue that you have in your party can't pick locks. I would like to add the ability to pick locks to him so I don't have to come back later to get into the chests.

Errr... you don't have to come back later to get into the chests. There's plenty of money around, why go back there for low level bread crumbs?

That's great,there will be quality stuff in less than a month.
Still waiting for Risen's toolset though :/

I doubt you will ever see a risen mod tool.

Now, if I could get the website to take my info to download the damn mod engine I could get to try it....I did do a little modding in NWN 1....so hey maybe I can make somethin cool.

Just out of curiosity, anyone here thinking of doing a mod?

If some one is...I have a request.

Remember the hidden items in BG? Like the ring of protection in the tree stump, etc? I want that.

I know it's silly but how hard can it be? Tie the range that the TAB key works at to your Cunning skill, and give a minimum range so you need to be near it even with a high Cunning skill. That opens up hidden items and secret doors/triggers etc. It may already be in the game (it's so obvious it seems like it would be) but I haven't seen it yet.

Just a warning. Check the Toolset Forum prior to installing.

The found a nasty bug where installing the toolset under WinXP SP2 could send your machine into an endless reboot cycle. Better to use SP3 or above.

I wounder if u can increase the bag size with some mod....

Yeah I finally had to install SP3.

Oh and yes, increased bag size and a permanent storage box at your camp will probably be the some of the first mods created. They are both definitely possible.

No sure if there's some kind of hard cap on maximum inventory size but I really doubt there is.

Toolset looks like the NWN1 toolset evolved so the transition from that one to this one looks like it will be smooth. Good mods should happen quite quickly, but sadly, they will be single player only.

I am curious to see what and if the NWNX people can cook up if Bioware has allowed for that sort of thing. Since it was such a spectacular option (ie enabling MySQL support) I can't see why they wouldn't.

I wuld love to see if someone could do a very good castle seige....some of the keeps and stuff in the game look spectacular.

Yeah I finally had to install SP3.

Oh and yes, increased bag size and a permanent storage box at your camp will probably be the some of the first mods created. They are both definitely possible.

No sure if there's some kind of hard cap on maximum inventory size but I really doubt there is.

Which makes me laugh at those that said that the $7 expansion was for the chest.

I wounder if u can increase the bag size with some mod….
Found this on RPS

80 items IS too few, yes. I hate having to permanently destroy my stuff.

Here’s a copypasta from some forum I googled:

1. open up your savegame with extension of .das
2. open up savegame_partylist
3. change savegame_max_item to 999.
4. save, load your game, done.

It works perfectly, I set mine to 250 and am enjoying the game much more, with its silly carrying capacity mechanics and lack of BLOODY “drop” option.

I don't have the game yet so I can't test it, but it should be easy enough to do.

I care little about add-on to the main campaign.

What I actually care about is for people making new modules for level 1-5-12 whatever character that expand the experiences. New stories, new character, new «world»... stories that would have nothing to do with DA:O story, world.

That's why I pretty much never really cared about Oblivion mods.

Back
Top Bottom