Grimoire - Development Updates

Technically vaporware doesn't exist/never comes out. This is just an insanely long development time. I mean, the infamous Duke Nukem came out so that kinda killed the "king" of vaporware.

I have a feeling Cleve will die before Grimoire gets finally released. And the rest of us too.

I think you're right. I think he only started that project in the first place because he was so butt-hurt about what happened with Wizardy 8/Sirtech and the way nobody believed him. Even though, it seems, he was telling the truth. I imagine he just keeps it around as a kind of talking point, but I might be wrong.

Many of us don't think Grimoire will ever come out though. There's really very little about this update or release date that's different from the 20+ others that have been made through the years.

Technically vaporware doesn't exist/never comes out. This is just an insanely long development time. I mean, the infamous Duke Nukem came out so that kinda killed the "king" of vaporware.

It is an interesting chapter in CRPG history. The more interesting chapters we have, the better! Keep going, Cleve! You don't have to be like anyone else! :)

Duke Nukem Forever came out after only 15 years. By Cleve's own count, Grimoire has been in development for 18+ years. There is no reason to think it won't hit 19 or even 20. This game has been less than 6 months from release for 17 years. Until it actually gets released, it is definitely vaporware.

2 1/2 months ago he said a new indiegogo campaign would happen before release, and he hasn't even managed to start that yet. Does anyone think he is going to make his latest May 31, 2014 deadline?

Did he even manage to get out the new version of the super demo promised 2+ months ago? Though I still don't know why he even bothers with them. They are just slowing down the development. Plus they are a waste of time for people to play since the saves won't even be compatible with the final release.

I almost pledged money on the last day of the 2nd campaign, but now I am so glad I didn't. Maybe I will wait for the 4th campaign, or perhaps the 5th.

I know he only got around 6K, but still.

Actually between the 2 campaigns, he got $17,403. Cleve may have been disappointed with that number, but I was quite impressed that he got that much after missing so many announced release dates. Though obviously taking other people's money hasn't sped up the release one iota.

Back
Top Bottom