Crusader Kings 2 - A Free Key

If you pre-order Europa Universalis IV on Steam, it unlocks tomorrow (13 August), they're giving away CK2 with it, plus a CK2 to EU4 save converter and other stuff. If you already have CK2 then you can gift the spare copy to a friend.

Is it so called "sandbox" game where you do things just because? If yes, then I don't want a key for that game.
If I wanted aimless lollygagging I'd play Spore.

But if it's epic RPG with a good if not great story, no endless mobrespawns and with things that have a purpose, then I wouldn't mind a key.

I would call it a 'Dynasty Simulator' a grand strategy game with choices and consequences everywhere, neither a sandbox game nor a CRPG.

But Hidden… Spore is a dynasty simulator, a grand strategy with choices and consequences. Even more, your dynasty starts as a baecteria and evolves into a spacetravel capable beings! Depending how you start (herbivore or carnivore or both) you evolve, then you enrich your DNA by sucking up or killing other primitive lifeforms etc.
Don't tell me you've never played it?

Nevertheless, although it looks interesting on paper, I don't recommend it to anyone. It's utterly boring, annoying, repetitive and sux!

But Hidden… Spore is a dynasty simulator, a grand strategy with choices and consequences. Even more, your dynasty starts as a baecteria and evolves into a spacetravel capable beings! Depending how you start (herbivore or carnivore or both) you evolve, then you enrich your DNA by sucking up or killing other primitive lifeforms etc.
Don't tell me you've never played it?

Nevertheless, although it looks interesting on paper, I don't recommend it to anyone. It's utterly boring, annoying, repetitive and sux!

I was referring to Crusador Kings 2 not Spore (I don't have Spore).

Definition - What does Sandbox mean?
Sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

By this definition Crusader Kings 2 is not a sandbox game.

I will give it a try also.

Sure, I've always been curious about it - count me in!

me too

I've love to play Crusader Kings 2 also.

I'm in! Been a long time since i've wanted to try it! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom