Left 4 Dead - Free 24h Trial.

Ebay is good but shipping a game from the US to Greece isn't worth it.

@Steam:

The free 24-hour trial of Left 4 Dead (PC) is being extended through the night. The free trial includes access to the recently released Survival Pack DLC, which introduced a new multiplayer game mode and two additional Versus campaigns. Those who wish to give L4D and the Survival Pack a free try now have until Saturday at 5 pm GMT, with no obligation to purchase. Those who decide to purchase the full product and do so this weekend will save 40% off the regular price.

Seems to take forever to d/l this (I started on thursday?) but within hour I should have it. I bought it yesterday. Cant get any better offer than that.

JDR- I was pissed about the STEAM thing too, but Ive since softened on the issue due to a few factors:
- The availability of games is staggering. They have way too many games for anyone's good. For instnce, I wanted to try Painkiller, they have it in several versions pretty cheap. I could install it here and play it, I could even install it on my work pc and play it there too at lunch. The availability and accessibility of games far outweighs the inconvenience of having to run their service.

And the service, is it truly that bad? I'm a big privacy/stay outta my pc/let me play offline/ advocate too, but I have to say that steam is not that bad. It has a small footprint on the resources that doesnt really matter, it keeps games updated, and you can if you want play in an "offline mode" tho the service will still be running.

I hated steam too, but after you test the waters a bit youll find that perhaps our "old world gaming" mentality's reaction is a little overblown in light of the benefits and quite frankly harmlessness of the service.

As far as L4D goes - just %3$@ play it already, trust me. If anything, youll get a kick out of it for a day, in this day and age if you dont have at least 4g to throw around you need to buy a bigger drive!

I hear what you're saying Sammy, and of course I've had STEAM in the past while I was playing HL2+ expansions. I just think it's ridiculous for it to be a requirement for a demo.

I'll get L4D eventually, but I simply have way too many games waiting right now.

I couldn't resist and bought it from Steam.
It's been a while since I didn't regret buying a game I think from when I bought Witcher.

I played l4d for few days and now it suddenly crashed (windows popup). When I try to launch online game it just says that "search stopped" and returns to main menu. I check my achievements and they are all(!) gone.

Apparently somthing has gone really wrong. I registered to the valve forums to find help but when I try to make a post it says "You dont have privilidges". Ive never had problems with steam before - I have played multiple online games before but this is just bs.

EDIT: Ok it seems that steam is down. Never seen this before. Cant even login to steam so nothing works.

Happens sometimes. Like once every two weeks. Youll get the achievements back.
Steam server maintenance or some shit. Don't sweat it.

At first, I was really suspicious of Steam but the more games I've played on it, the move I've come to like it.

Anyways, darn, I got all excited when I saw this thread and then realized the deal was two weeks ago. :disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom