Risen Volcano Dungeon Craziness

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
I just had some strange stuff go on while getting into the volcano's dungeon. We got to a big door and the Inquisitor sent me off to the north to try and open the gate. OK, I go to the north, slip into the fortress, blast some lizards, get by a hallway full of traps, blast a couple more lizards - and get stuck bad. One of the lizards had a gold bust but it looks like I need two. All other corpses have disintigrated.

I went back to Mr. I but he's got nothing to say. Then I notice the windows on the south side. Hmmm! I scrambled up a rock and was able to levitate over to a window, jump over the brazier, and turn the wench. I jumped back out the window and let the goons take care of the lizards that came after me. Excellent! But the gate was still closed. OK, levitate back in again and poke around a bit (finding a stone tablet). I led a couple of lizard-cows out the window, too. Levitate in yet again but this time I try the wench again. It's jammed. Oh well, guess I better go back to the north and see if there's a bust hiding under a broken clay pot or… wait! The big gate IS open now!

I eagerly run over to Mr. Inquisitor and he tells me I did well, and that now I should find a similar mechanism for the south gate, and also that Rufus has gone on ahead. Wha? OK fine, I go on in to the fortress, get by yet another trap, and suddenly everybody is running by me into the fortress! Everybody except Rufus.

Have I done a bad thing? Do I need to go find Rufus? Did I just miss anything important?

Oh bother, I got north and south mixed up! Just a sec, let me check this out...

Sure enough, there's now a dead Order guy and another watchman waiting for me there. Thanks Maylander!

Back
Top Bottom