KB: Crossworlds - Screens @ Worthplaying

Eurogamer.de has a review up. 9/10

I still don't get it... is it an exspansion which will cost the full price of a new game... or is it standalone but with the same content as armoured princess or what? :S

There are a couple of versions, I believe - an expansion only one (with all the new stuff), a standalone - KB Armoured Princess with all the new stuff, and a Complete (or something) version that features everything including KB The Legend, Armoured Princess and the latest stuff.

I still don't get it… is it an exspansion which will cost the full price of a new game… or is it standalone but with the same content as armoured princess or what? :S

They've made it confusing, I agree. Even some of the vendors have been confused, changing prices and adding "requires AP" to catch up mistakes.

At the Games Com I was told there'll be different versions, just like Polyester said.

I was told about a "Gold" kind of variant, too, which includes both games, Armored Princess & Crossworlds. Or so I understood it.

Steam is taking preorders for KB:Crossworlds. You can buy the pack with all three KB games or just the expansion. If you preorder the expansion, you get Kings Bounty: The Legend for free. I usually don't use Steam that much, but last winter I bought AP through it since it was only available as a digital download when it was released.

King's Bounty variations:
1. King's Bounty: The Legend. First game.
2. King's Bounty: Armored Princess. Standalone expansion for KB:TL
3. King's Bounty: Crossworlds. Expansion for Armored Princess (Not The Legend).
4. King's Bounty: GotY. Armored Princess and Crossworlds.
5. King's Bounty: Platinum. The Legend, Armored Princess and Crossworlds.

I got my Steam copy of Crossworlds before they realised their pricing mistake (£7 instead of the normal £15), and luckily it unlocked. Gave it about an hour and it was alright, but nothing to write home about. It's basically an enhanced campaign for Armored Princess, the editor, and two other modes. It's really just more of the same, that's about it.

Oh, and before someone asks. If you don't have Armored Princess on Steam, you cannot buy Crossworlds via Steam. It won't let you proceed with the purchase. You'd have to wait for retail or get it from somewhere like GamersGate.

I got my Steam copy of Crossworlds before they realised their pricing mistake (£7 instead of the normal £15), and luckily it unlocked. Gave it about an hour and it was alright, but nothing to write home about. It's basically an enhanced campaign for Armored Princess, the editor, and two other modes. It's really just more of the same, that's about it.

How can you play it when the game isnt out yet this week?

What are the key differences between this and the original (but new) King's Bounty?

I found that one to be an excellent throwback to old-school gaming, but ultimately the endless monster grind got to me.

Are there some features that change the core experience, or is it simply the same game in a new place or whatever?

I hate exspansions, especially for digital downloads, since I bought my AP from GG, I can't buy CW from steam…… another reason is it sounds like it adds to the original game?

Is that right Dwagginz? so basically you should play the original game from beginning, or is there a completely new game? how long in that case? ( yeah 50 miuntes is not enough to reply that I know )

Basically, King's Bounty: Crossworlds is nothing more than an enhanced Armored Princess, two mini-campaigns and an editor.

The changes to Armored Princess in Crossworlds take form in Rise of the Orcs. That's the same campaign you played in Armored Princess but with a greater emphasis on Orcs, some new units for most/all races, new items, new spells and a new mechanism called Adrenaline. Think of it as Armored Princess 1.5 if you wish. I would probably suggest that if you've not played Armored Princess, or you have but want to play it again, that you wait for Crossworlds.

Gothic; You can get Crossworlds from GamersGate. It's cheaper than the Steam version, I believe, although it doesn't come with the bonus copy of The Legend.

Basically, King's Bounty: Crossworlds is nothing more than an enhanced Armored Princess, two mini-campaigns and an editor.

The changes to Armored Princess in Crossworlds take form in Rise of the Orcs. That's the same campaign you played in Armored Princess but with a greater emphasis on Orcs, some new units for most/all races, new items, new spells and a new mechanism called Adrenaline. Think of it as Armored Princess 1.5 if you wish. I would probably suggest that if you've not played Armored Princess, or you have but want to play it again, that you wait for Crossworlds.

Gothic; You can get Crossworlds from GamersGate. It's cheaper than the Steam version, I believe, although it doesn't come with the bonus copy of The Legend.

Thanks for the info.

Doesn't sound like much has changed, so I'll give it a pass...

Quite a lot has changed with Armored Princess, it's just not instantly visible. I don't know if it's worth £15/$20, as it is effectively a big mod and two mini-campaigns (I think at least one of them has high replayability, though), and it brings the ability to make your own.

I'd say if you're unsure but loved AP/TL, wait for a price drop before getting it.

Two ? I thought it was 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom